"Are you okay, Reiko?" You ask, despite already knowing the answer. You just want to know how she's feeling so you can try to make her feel better. She doesn't speak for a moment, until she finally looks up at you with those big, beautiful eyes.

"Y/n..." she says softly, her bottom lip quivers as she thinks of what she wants to say— or rather, how to say it.

"I wish you were my mommy."

You almost choke on your tea as she delivers her statement; you weren't quite sure what she was going to say, but it certainly wasn't that. You look at Rin as you internally panic.

What are you supposed to say to that?

You knew what you wanted to say, but you weren't sure if it was the right thing to say.

And apparently, Rin didn't know either— his face was now fully flushed all the way to the tips of his ears as he stammered over his words, hardly making the situation any more bearable than it already was.

Luckily, or... maybe not so lucky, your name was called from over your shoulder; the voice was deep toned and very easily recognizable as the one you had just heard only a few hours before.

"Y/n, funny running into you again so soon."

It sent a chill down your spine; all eyes at your table were now focused on Daisuke Sano, who stood there perfectly poised, appearance just as sharply tuned as when you went to visit with him earlier in the day. An air of expensive cologne filled your tiny booth as the kids looked in awe at the filthy rich man before them who exudes nothing but the upmost confidence— his power aura was deafening.

Rin's face twisted into a scowl; he couldn't help but feel threatened by the man's presence, though he couldn't exactly tell why he felt this way.

"Oh, Daisuke... what brings you here?" This didn't seem like a rich man's type of place, even if the family you were sitting with was pretty well off.

The Suna's had money on behalf of Rin's professional athletic career, but he wasn't that rich, nor did he give off a snobby aura being that of someone who came from a middle class family. They were the most caring family you had ever know, despite the troubles that they dealt with, they were always there for each other. They didn't care about business or money— and that's something you loved the most about them.

"This is one of my favorite bakery's, I had to stop in before I left town." He smiles chillingly as his hand rests on the corner of the booth, fingers dangerously close to your shoulder while he props his tall, muscular body up against your seat.

You can practically feel Suna burning a whole in the back of your head as Daisuke inches his way closer, taking a good look at the guests seated at the table with you. He's curious, of course— especially about the man seated next to you.

"How rude of me, allow me to introduce myself to your friends." He says charismatically, a glint of confidence in his darkened eyes. "Sano, Daisuke."

Rin groans something inaudible under his breath, before introducing himself to the exuberant man before him. He's just as curious about Daisuke, as Daisuke is about him— just how exactly do you know a guy like this?

"And who are these little ones?" The man asks, leaning down closer to meet their tiny gaze.

"I'm Reiko and he's Reiki." Reiko says enthusiastically. She can't help but get excited— after all, the man looked just like a handsome prince.