Chapter 5: Knowledge

Start from the beginning

The next change was with his chakra reserves, unfortunately it wasn't much of an increase, mostly because the beings of this world didn't use any form of energy so he'd only been able to absorb and convert an average academy students worth of power from Lucci. Still, energy wasn't what he was after from Lucci, no... that came next.

What he wanted were Lucci's memories and knowledge.

He grinned as he felt the memories flood into his mind, there was a slight headache from the new information being downloaded into his mind but compared to using Shadow Clones to read and train, this was insignificant. As soon as the absorption was complete, Naruto felt an unexplainable anger and need to fight rising. Recognizing them as emotions from Lucci, he immediately pushed them down, forcing the emotions as far back as he could. He could still feel the anger simmering at the back of his mind, it was easy to keep it contained but it was still there.

'Seems like I not only get their memories but also their strongest emotion and personality traits." Naruto pondered, rubbing his chin in thought. 'I'll need to be watchful after each absorption or I'll risk losing control, just like with the Kyuubi's chakra."

Sitting down on the back of his summon for the night, a giant sea serpent with the first level of the Oujagan in its eyes, Naruto dropped into his mindscape and made his way over to Juubi's cage. Rather than the large golden cage he was used to seeing, there was now a giant bookcase spanning the entire wall and reaching high into the sky, with hundreds of books on each shelf; all of them with the same blank, white covers. As he watched, one of the books turned a dark yellow in color and the words 'Rob Lucci' appeared on the binding in black ink.

Taking the book from the shelf, Naruto spent the rest of the night leafing through Lucci's memories, discarding the ones he found useless while keeping those he wanted, namely information on the Rokushiki style. Unfortunately, he found that he couldn't rid himself of all the strong emotions and personality traits that came with the absorption, a pity.

The next two days were spent on the back of a summon, working on the Rokushiki style and fitting it to his body build since he was built differently from Lucci. Six days after leaving the Straw Hat crew, Naruto arrived on Banaro island just as a giant ball of fire crashed into a cloud of darkness.

'Huh, guess they already started without me.' Naruto chuckled mentally, making his way towards the fight, he got there just in time to see 'Fire Fist' Ace pass out, the large form of Blackbeard approaching the mans body with a knife.

"Well, well, well." Blackbeard chuckled, his deep tones booming across the area. "I guess this is where the chase ends Commander Ace."

With that he raised his blade, preparing to bring it down on the back of his helpless opponent.

"Storm Leg!" a voice called out, resounding with power.

A crescent shaped blade of air flew towards Blackbeard, striking him square in the back and blowing him away, causing him to land several meters away with a painful thud. The other four members and horse of the Blackbeard Pirates perked up, their heads snapping over to the source of the attack, a smirking blond with his right leg extended upwards.

"Hey!" shouted Jesus Burgess, helmsman of the Blackbeard Pirates. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Don't you guys read the paper?" Blackbeard growled, shakily making his way to his feet, his back was a bit sore but he was otherwise unharmed. "That's 'Diamond Eyes' Uzumaki Naruto, he's got a bounty of a hundred and twenty million Beli for helping the Straw Hats escape Enies Lobby."

'Hmm.. it seems like I need to practice that technique some more, that should have cut right through him.' Naruto mused, frowning minutely.

"Marshall D. Teach, also know as Blackbeard." Naruto began, lowering his leg and shifting into a loose fighting stance. "I'm here for your head."