2. тнe placeѕ yoυ нave coмe тo ғear тнe мoѕт

Start from the beginning

~~~

"I was wondering when you would get home," Cassie said to her brother, as she was sprawled out on his bed.

"I just—needed to clear my head," He dropped down next to her.

Cassie got up from her position and scooted closer to him; sitting Indian style, "What's on your mind?"

"I sucked plain and simple,"

"You didn't suck,"

Lucas raised his eyebrows at her.

"Okay, maybe a little," Cassie held up her hand, with her index finger and thumb, a small gap between the two. "What was up with you tonight?"

The blonde stood up, "I couldn't even tell ya. I went to the river court tonight to hopefully fix everything and it's still the same,"

"Was it Dan?" She asked, dragging out the question.

"No, this has nothing to do with Dan," He retorted.

"Lucas, I really don't know what you want me to tell you here. I can't give you an explanation, only you can do that," The Scott girl stood up from the bed, making her way over to Lucas. She put her hands on his shoulders, "Look just get some sleep, and hopefully everything will be better in the morning,"

"M-Kay," Lucas let out before enveloping his sister in a comforting hug. "Thanks, Cas,"

"What are sisters for,"

~~~

"You know, early in his career, Hemingway was...he was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great. And eventually he discovered that less was more," Cassie's English teacher explained as he circled the room. "Peyton," He continued, catching the blonde's attention. "Describe Lucas using just one word," everyone in the class turning to her now.

"Choke," She stated plainly. Everyone in the classroom erupting with laughter.

"Okay, quiet, please. Thank you. Lucas, care to respond and describe Peyton?"

"Lonely," The class letting out "oohs"

"Okay, quiet, please,"

Before anyone knew it, Nathan was shooting up his hand, "Yes, Nathan?" Mr. Kelley asked.

"I can describe Lucas in one word. Actually I can with Cassie too. Bastards," the statement making even more "oohs" come from the students around themselves lips.

In an instant, both Lucas and Nathan were on their feet, Lucas tackling Nathan to the ground. Before Lucas could get a hit in, Mr. Kelley ripped him off of the brunette, pushing him back towards his sister before sending both of them to the principal's office.

"Great, just great," Cassie thought to herself.

~~~

The Scott twins, including Haley, sat around a table in the cafe, as Karen made her way over to the group so they could start eating. Lucas took a drink of his water, just waiting for the moment for their mother to bring up the fight.

"So, are you gonna tell me about the fight or you wanna just assume I know about it while I yell at you?" Their mother asked.

"Is that the phone? I'll get it" Haley said abruptly, taking her plate as she got up from the table. Leaving Cassie to suffer the awkwardness alone.

"Still here," She continued

"Mom, he had it coming," Lucas stated, letting out an angry sigh. "You know he said—"