Chapter 42: [Insert Another Title I'm Too Tired To Think Of]

Comincia dall'inizio

Damn way to rub salt in his wound. Nice going.

Well if we're cutting back on the TV time, you'd better start getting other things to do in here. I have no training room, no books, no phone, no plans, no nothing

"No nothing is a double negative, thus meaning you have something."

And I thought Loki could be picky about my grammar

"I'm sure the house could use some cleaning," he said randomly.

You groaned.

"Then you're not really bored."

I hate when parents do that!

"Well thank goodness I'm not your parent, for a second there I thought you hated what I said."

You were unable to not laugh at his sarcasm, or the casual way he was starting to speak with you. He'd always been blunt and humorous with you, but still in a more professional fancy Zemo way. In the week you'd been with him, his mannerisms had grown more relaxed. You were sure his haughty intelligence and subtle sarcasm was always present with his family, but no man is that emotionally rigid or speaks so deliberately in his own home. Everyone has a chill side, and the way Zemo delivered his lines was slowly showing his.

You and Zemo munched on your muffins, your eyes drifting around the room as you did. You'd already become familiar with the layout, but it didn't stop you from visually analyzing every inch of the kitchen. You'd searched for a way out, despite enjoying Zemo's company. Truth was, there was no way out. Windows were barred, the front door remained impenetrable, and the only other entrance was in the kitchen, a side door that must have led to another street on the side of the house. That meant the residence was probably on a street corner. The second door wasn't nailed, but it had an extensive series of locks. Zemo clearly wasn't taking any chances.

Sneaking out at night to pry boards off the door would wake Zemo instantly. Hell, the hallway alone was loud enough to wake the whole street. Your door wasn't locked at night, because Zemo knew, as you did, that there was no way to make it past his room or down the steps undetected. The keys for the kitchen door were kept hidden, though he'd used them to let Oeznik in that morning.

Will Oeznik come the same time every week?

"Why?"

Curious. Maybe I'll make sure I'm here to say hi

"I thought we'd agreed never to lie to one another?"

Did you just quote President Snow from Hunger Games?

"We'd made a similar gesture of honesty before, hadn't we? Well, at least on my end. Besides, it's still in my head from last night."

Comparing yourself to the tyrannical villain?

"Ok, all I did was quote him! I hope I'm not that big an asshole."

Snow really is the worst

"I thought you like villains?"

Villains with some likeable qualities. Not to say he isn't a good villain, but so's Thanos and you don't see me wanting to be his friend.

"But you do befriend villains? Like Loki, for instance?"

Yeah but that's cuz he's not a villain anymore

"And you so easily forgive his sins?" he asked in a slightly accusatory tone.

I'd forgive yours. Remember, you're on the list of MCU movie villains. Main antagonist of a film.