"do you want to become the queen?" meliodas asks me, i look over to him.

"it's what i was destined for since my adoption." i shrugged.. "it's not like i have much of a choice, i love the people of my kingdom and want to make my father proud. so, if it's what he wants i'll gladly accept. he did take me in after all."

"just remember that it's your choice, and whatever you choose i'll stand behind you on it. also, don't you worry. we'll rescue your sisters and your dad and everyone else!" meliodas looks to me with a bright smile, "that's one of the reasons why we're on this trip anyways."

"meliodas.." i smile brightly at him, and put his hand in mine.

"so now," he lets go of my hand and gets under the covers, "so we should just get some rest for tonight. here! come over." he tells me as he pats the spot right next to him.

"yes! .. wait what?" i turn to him, confused. he reaches for my hand and i give it to him. "uh.. um.. meliodas?" i ask trying to avoid his stern eye contact.

"come, come." he says and i do what he asks of me. soon enough we're both under the same covers, he's staring at my [ e/c ] eyes.

"meliodas?" i ask as he hums, "why are you staring at me?" a piece of my hair falls down and is in my face. i look at it before i could react meliodas was already putting it behind my ear.

"you are the most beautiful person i've ever seen." meliodas mumbles to me as my face blooms a bright red at his random compliment. i try to cover my face with the blanket but he slowly pulls it down, i notice he's so much closer to me now.

"m-..meliodas?" i call out quietly out of nervousness as he is getting closer and closer to me. he lifts his hand to my chin, and grazes my bottom lip with his thumb. i realized as i'm looking up to him that he's no longer staring at me. he's now staring at my lips. i can only see starvation within his eyes. he pulls himself over me, as he pins me down onto the bed. my already crimson face only got worse. it felt as if i was his prey and i've walked straight into his trap. i tried to tell his emotions in this moment, but i couldn't even see his eyes as his bangs covered them from revealing anything. he leans down slowly to me. a million scenarios go through my head. my heart is pounding so hard that i worry he knows what he does to me, especially in moments like this one.

i was taken back from all my worries and fears as his lips met mine. he lets go of one of my wrists as he uses his now free hand to roam my body. i was so enraptured within the kiss to care, and honestly it felt fantastic to have his hands roam around me. he was feeding my need for his touch, and it seemed that i was starving. our lips moved back and forth with each other as it felt natural, like we've done this millions of times before. he bit my bottom lip which caused me to whimper in pain. i could feel him twitch, like he was trying to hold himself back. he stops everything for a moment. "meliodas?" i call out.

"well, time for bed!" he smiles cheekily in a instance he is on his side of the bed turned around facing away from me. for some reason it bothered me that he stopped, and even more that he wasn't facing me anymore. i reached out to try and get him to turn around but i decided not to and turned around as well. i slowly close my eyes and drift off to my dream world.

no one's pov

"you're just as beautiful as the day i lost you." meliodas says out loud as [ y/n ] moves in her sleep and now she is facing him once again, "if i would've kept going, i don't think i could've controlled myself." he turns to face you, and smiles softly. "you completely take over every bit of my common sense." he leans closer to you and touched his forehead with yours. "i cant help but love you more and more with every passing day. all my hearts only pound for you." he tells your sleeping figure as he grabs your hand, "and all of them yearn for you too, that's why you're so dangerous. but i wouldn't have it any other way."