Chapter 38: La dolce vita

Zoe's POV

Walking to the room wasn't easy, not only because I was still tired but because I knew avoiding Alex had just become impossible. But maybe this was a good opportunity.

I was mesmerized by the view. In the centre of it, was a king-sized bed decorated with red roses and some champagne on the side, Lisha definitely had plans for Alexander and Cindy. We had our own private pool on the balcony. The view of the lake in the background made sharing a room with Alex absolutely worth it.

Alex wasn't so keen to explore as I was, he just walked straight to the bathroom. He was probably just used to places like this.

I throw myself onto the white bed linen and just stared at the ceiling. It couldn't be better.

Alex came back dressed in a white t-shirt and some sweatpants. He too must have had enough of this day. I could tell he was tired.

He pulled the bedsheets to climb into the bed.

"You are not sleeping here!" I exclaimed. I sat up straight on the bed.

He sighed.

"Are you really going to do this right now?" He questioned.

"This is not going to work, the two of us can't sleep here," I whined.

This was one of those times I could tell I was being unreasonable. But I wasn't about to miss the opportunity to make his life hell. Maybe if I complained enough, Alex would get so irritated he would convince Cindy to share the room with him instead. How was I going to exalt my revenge with him so close?

He sighed.

"Fine, then I'll go and sleep on the cold bathroom floors just to make you happy." He spoke.

I smiled as he grabbed a pillow from the bed. I was glad he wasn't putting up a fight.

"I hope you know what you'll tell our child after I die of hypothermia." He spoke. Was he really trying to guilt-trip me? It wasn't going to work. "I'll start writing a letter of how a died. And tell our child what a cold, cold-blooded person you are." He continued.

"I learned from the best," I said.

He wasn't giving up. Instead, he gave me a sad look. It was the kind of feeling that made me feel like I had just murdered someone's dog.

"Fine, " I said. "But if you snore, I'm going to murder you in your sleep."

'This was only for the next three days. 'I reminded myself. I couldn't stick to a simple plan of having him sleep somewhere else. How was I going to take revenge on him?

"You couldn't resist me if you tried to," He mocked.

Just like that, he jumped into the bed.

I regretted my decision.

I leaned over onto the bed to create a barrier with pillows between the two of us. He didn't say a word.

I left the room and headed to the closet. I needed to change into my pyjamas. This day had been a lot to take in.

It took me nearly half an hour before I finally realized, I had forgotten to pack my pyjamas. Of all the stupid things I've done this was probably one of the most stupid. I only brought two bags, they were mostly filled with shoes, toiletries, and other necessities. I knew we weren't staying here for long, so I had only packed enough clothes for the next three days. I knew I should have made a list.

Right now, my options were slimed down to sleeping in the clothes I was currently wearing, it wasn't that bad of an idea.

By the time I returned, Alex was fully settled.