Chapter 38: La dolce vita

Start from the beginning

I pulled the covers to finally get to sleep.

I saw Alex shifting. It's true what they say, the devil never sleeps.

"Why are you wearing that to sleep?" He asked.

He notices everything.

"I forgot to pack my pyjamas," I answered wearily. "I don't have someone to do everything for me like some people." I mocked.

He sat up straight.

"Why don't you just sleep naked then?" He spoke.

My jaw dropped.

If I was tired before, right at this moment I wasn't. His words took me completely by surprise. Was he really suggesting this? But I needed a good come back, I didn't want him to see how disturbed I was.

"You would love that wouldn't you?" I mocked.

"You have no idea." He spoke.

I rolled my eyes and throw a pillow at him. I should have known I couldn't compete with him on this, he was on another level of disgusting.

"It was just a suggestion. You can wear one of my shirts." He laughed.

I still trying to think of my next move. The last thing I wanted was to owe Alex anything.

"You can sleep in your uncomfortable clothes for all I care," he mumbled.

At this point I just wanted him to stop. If wearing his shirt was going to do the trick, then how many of them was I going to have to wear?

I grabbed a t-shirt from his bag. With my belly, it managed to look like a mini dress.

It smelt like him. It was hard enough having him so close but to have his perfuse on me, for the whole night was just on another level. I couldn't help but take another sniff into his shirt.

What was wrong with me? I needed to get my head in the game and concentrate.

I returned to the bedroom.

"It looks better on you than me, you should keep it." He muttered.

"You can be such a child you know. Kids your age are already asleep." I mocked.

"Fine," he said raising his hands. "Not even a thank you."

I reached over and switched the light off.

"Good night," He whispered.

"Go to sleep," I answered back.

"I love you," he said.

His words took me by surprise, was he trying to give me a heart attack. Was he so tired that he wasn't even aware of what he was saying?

"Too bad I don't," I answered back. Only I would ever know that wasn't true.

"I was talking to the baby," he whispered back.

That hurt!

I kicked him by the leg.

"That did not hurt at all," he mocked.

~*~

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed, I just didn't have the strength.

This means that I had some time to really think about things. I've been acting crazy lately, and I'm not sure I like what this is turning me into. It was crazy to think that I could get revenge on Alex, the truth is that he will always outsmart me in that department. I should do what I should have done from the start, contacted my father. He is a lawyer and maybe be will able to get me out of this.