9🌺

An eventful afternoon...

Omniscient POV

The following week was the absolute hardest for the family as a whole.

Without J Drew present, Summer had nearly lost her mmind. She knew that she couldnt stay in that house, so she loaded t some stuff for her and her son and headed to her new best friends house. Khloe.

(I forgot to mention that everyone has accepted Summer. Although she was wrong, Khloe couldn't find it within herself to hate her.)

Upon her arrival, her son Samir began to scream. It was like he could tell his daddy wasn't coming back and she could do nothing about it. Pulling into the garage, Samir and Summer were met with the small body that belonged to Khloe. She looked absolutely exhausted, but they'd discuss that soon.

Khloe held her arms out for the restless little body and took him inside. For a moment, Summer found herself blushing before heading inside her home.

Khloe had simply walked around the corner and sat back on her reclining area of the couch. Samir had his mouth open and rubbing against her breast . The little baby was hungry, so she handed him back to his mom. Before Summer was able to correctly position him, he was reaching for her breast. His little face contorting because of how long it was taking her to feed him.

Khloe sat near them trying not to laugh, because Leighton was the exact way. Speaking of her porcelain doll, she could hear her coming downstairs with the help of her big sister. Lauren offered to spend a week or so with her mom to make sure the kids were okay and out of the adults way. Since Karen didn't want her to leave, she and Zyleigh tagged along too.

Lauren spoke and dropped off her hungry little sister. Just like Summer, Khloe pulled out her breast to feed her little lady. Both babies quietly ate as the mothers watched the movie on TV. The Wood was on, and it had fairly just started.

Watching the two from afar, Lauren smiled before taking it upon herself to cook something for everyone to eat. From the front room, you heard Lauren quietly singing while the sizzling was heard throughout the house.

Upstairs in Lauren's bed was Karen and Zyleigh. Zy pat her mothers head in an effort to help her stop crying. "Mamma don't cry" she'd say. Karen just wiped her tears and kissed Zyleigh's hands. When that familiar aroma made it way upstairs, Zyleigh smiled before telling her mom to come on.

They both put on their House robes and matching slippers, before walking downstairs together hand in hand.

"Good Morning everyone." Says the matriarch. She kissed both ladies on the forehead, and Janelle on the lips when no one was looking. Or so they thought....

Breakfast that included smothered potatoes, sausage patties, cheese eggs, bacon, grits, rice, and biscuits was served and truly enjoyed. The kids were sent to the downstairs play room so preparation for the funeral could begin.

Twinkie's POV

Ringing the door bell off our niece's home made me sad all over again. On this day last week, I was over here dropping off a cake to Khloe for her sister since her mom left town for the weekend. Jay kissed and hugged me before retreating to his man cave. And to think that was going to be my last time seeing my nephew.

Jacky, Dorinda, Kierra, Kandace, and Drew walked through the door. Although he and Karen dont have the best past, she decided to let him come anyway.

Unlike most families, Khloe wanted the will read today. I had all of the documents needed so i started with that first. Like any husband, he left the house and most properties and money to khloe and the kids. Even though it may not seem right to you, its right to us. J left Summer and Samir his guest house and shares in Dorinda and Greg's gas stations.