THREE YEARS LATER..

egypt aaliyah ali

"mommy i want dis," kaaliya said holding up the winnie the pooh teddy bear

"no liya," luca said taking it from her and putting it away, "that nigga rub me the wrong way,"

i rolled my eyes and handed it back to her. "here you go mama," she grabbed the teddy and hugged it tight then carried on.

we were in walmart picking up a few things. kaaliya didn't wanna be in the cart. she wanted to be grown and walk around.

she was so sassy for her age but in a polite way and she was so smart. to think niggas was clowning me for making her listen those audio books when i was pregnant. now look. got a three year old daughter who smarter than her daddy.

"all you do is spoil her," he mugged me.

"nigga so do you don't even do allat," i waved him off.

"don't even do all dat daddy," kaaliya rolled her eyes at him making me laugh out loud.

"that shit not even all that funny," he mugged me. kaaliya turned around with a pout and her fist on her hip.

"it wheelie not dat funny mommy," she shook her head, "daddy being headass,"

"okay stop now," i said covering her mouth.

"shit you wanted a mini you there you go," luca laughed. i rolled my eyes and picked up kaaliya putting her in the cart. i was ready to go pay.

after paying we left to go get some food then went home. kaaliya went straight to sleep because we had been out all day buying the small stuff for the wedding. i just wanted to get the small stuff out the way so i could do the other stuff like pick my bridesmaid dresses and my wedding dress.

i couldn't wait for my wedding. all this planning and buying stuff made me even more excited.

all the shit i been through with luca, the ups and downs, kaaliya, it was all worth it. i couldn't imagine marrying anyone else but him. i had found my soulmate and i was so ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

"what you doing?" he said getting in the bed bedside me.

"looking at these old pictures of you and kaaliya.. i miss it when she couldn't talk," i smiled tapping through luca's story.

1luc 2h

*tap*

*tap*

"you're so good to her," i said with a wide smile, "like every time i see you in daddy mode it makes me so happy i feel like crying,"

"you on yo period or sum?" he said furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"no but it's cos other men are not usually there for their families. okay youn wanna be with your baby mother thats fine but at least be there for your kid, you know?"

"youn know that tho. niggas be goin through it with they baby momma's like they be trying to be there for their child but the mom never allows them because they mad they don't wanna be with them no more,"

"that's just sad," i shook my head, "the only thing i be thinking about is the kids. if i was mad you didn't wanna be with me no more i'd be mad at YOU but i wouldn't stop you from being here with your child,"

"don't say that cos remember when you was pregnant and we had broken up? you was all 'my baby' this and 'my daughter' that," he mimicked me. i squinted my eyes at him before pinching his arm.

"you was still at the appointments no? and the baby shower? sometimes you'd come over to rub my belly? okay then so don't do that because if we weren't together right now you'd still be in kaaliya's life,"

"ion plan on leaving you any time soon. i'm obsessed,"

"you been obsessed since day one. breaking into rooms and shit," i rolled my eyes.

"ian know how to do allat lovey dovey shit," he laughed, "i just knew that i wanted to be around you all the time no matter what. that was like what? five/six years ago?"

"about four or five babe," i corrected.

"damn. who would've thought forreal like no funny shit i always thought i was gon die alone,"

"but you will die alone," i said confused, "it's just gon be you in that coffin,"

"naa if i die you dyin right with me. same coffin and all,"

"i've never met someone so clingy," i waved him off.

"dang you should take a look in the mirror more often then,"

"i am not clingy," i rolled my eyes.

"girl please. you gotta hide my gun just so ion leave the house then you be wrapping yourself around my ankles and shit,"

"okay didn't have to give the whole drop on me," i mugged him.

"no i definitely did because you stay making me look like this crazy ass nigga,"

"that's because you are luca and you know that,"

"man whatever," he waved me off, "liya asleep?"

"yeah i just tucked her in,"

"come sit here," he said.

"where?" i asked looking at him confused until he pointed to his face making me chuckle.

i put my phone down then got up to dim the lights a lil before taking my clothes off.

"lemme do that for you mama," he got up and pulled the shirt i had on over my head. it was his and it was oversized. i had nothing else on.

"come," he said clapping then jumped on the bed on his back, "i'm ready."

"you're so stupid." i laughed walking over to him.

-
i don't even wanna do one of those things where you make a book about the kids but i'm thinking about it for when this shit ends.