Chapter 14: Magic & Miracles

Start from the beginning

They rushed out of the room, down the hallway and to the elevator. Violetta and I looked at each other confused. She moved inside and sat on the bed whilst I looked for what to wear. I'm glad that they had left as I needed to tell her I had forgotten.

Violetta: You forgot, didn't you.

Diego: Forgot what?

Violetta: Her birthday. I know you forgot her birthday today.

Diego: You think she knows?

Violetta: You were pretty obvious, but I don't know. She's usually clueless about things like this.

Diego: I didn't say happy birthday though.

Violetta: Maybe she thinks you're pretending you forgot, well I hope that's the case for your sake.

Diego: I can't believe I forgot my wife's birthday! If I don't get her anything, I'm dead!

Violetta: Then let's get going and find you something to give to your wife.

I got done and then we headed out of the room and to the rest downstairs.

Leon's (POV)
When Francesca, the twins and I got to the lobby downstairs, she ranted about her situation, which caught me by surprise.

Francesca: Do you think he knows? I know I should've told him about it. Maybe that's why he hasn't wished me a happy birthday, because he's mad at me.

Leon: If he knew he would've been happy and he would've spoken to you about it.

Francesca: What if he's not happy?

Leon: How can he not be happy, it's something that you've both been wanting for a while now! I for one, am so happy for you. Fran, you're pregnant! It's really a miracle, considering everything you two have been through.

Francesca: Yeah, I guess you're right. Does Vilu know?

Leon: No, I haven't told a soul. I thought it should be your news to share.

Francesca: I'm scared Leon.

Leon: I know, I was too when Vilu was pregnant. Look, it doesn't get any easier, but I promise you, Diego will be there for you, and so will Vilu, and so will I. Plus, if we're not there for some odd reason, you have the entire gang to lean on.

She came closer and squeezed me tight with a big grin on her face. As we were hugging, Diego and Violetta came and rushed us to get going.

Diego: Let's go.

Walking through the city, taking in the scenery, the girls wanted to capture these moments on their phones.

Violetta: Babe, let's take a family pic after I take one with Fran.

We took the photos and then walked along the beach before getting to the mall. Violetta and Diego went their separate way without even telling us, which I felt was a little strange. Francesca and I walked around the mall, looking for something for her birthday. We went into a jewellery store, as something in the window caught her attention.

Francesca: Ooh this is stunning! What do you think?

She was looking at beautiful diamond earrings, which I could see through the window, suited her well.

Leon: I love it. Is this what you want?

Francesca: Yeah, this can be my birthday present, thanks.

Leon: Alright, from me to you.

We went to the counter, where we waited for the jeweller to assist us.

Jeweller: May I help you dear.