Chapter 6 - A Thunderous Day

You heard the birds sing in the morning as you shifted to one of your sides looking at the clock. It was early in the morning and you looked at your side to find Ayato resting with his arm over your waist. You smiled and decided to snuggle closer to him because he looked too good in the morning. His hair was lowkey messy and you could saw a little from his chest because he wore a night gown just like you. Thinking about how pretty he looked made you blush and hide your head next to his arms without waking him but of course he was a light sleeper so he felt your movement.

He shifted and slowly opened his eyes meeting your e/c eyes that shined in the sun's light.

"Good morning~" he said still sleepy but with a smile.

"Morning Ayato! How did you sleep?" you asked as he got a little up just to wrap his arms around you and pull you in his chest.

"Mm very good, what about you? I hope your first night in your new home was pleasant." he said and you smiled at him.

"It was wonderful, I could rest very well." you said and he nodded looking at the clock.

"Ah well we should get ready, today I have some paperwork to do and some errands to take care of. You could explore the estate with Ayaka and Thoma meanwhile." he said and you shook your head.

"No no as your wife I want to help you, I'll just go and do your errands till you get the paperwork ready!" you said and he chuckled.

"Very well darling~" he said in a teasing manner and you blushed. As you changed and got ready Ayaka was waiting with Thoma in the main dining room. As you made your way there Thoma poured you and Ayato tea and served breakfast.

"Good morning brother, y/n!" Ayaka said and you nodded.

"Good morning Ayaka, Thoma." you both greeted and they smiled.

"What are you going to do today?" Ayato said and looked at his sister.

"Ah well we should meet with the traveler later at Komore tea house. Also today that ceremony organized by the Tenryou comission will take place, I'm still curious why her excellency picked them and not us but, maybe it's something about the military enforcement or the vision hunt decree. "she said thoughtful and you nodded.

" I just hope they won't hurt anyone... "you said looking at your tea and Ayato looked outside.

" Well we can't know for sure but, as part of the tri-comission they have the duty to serve the Almighty shogun as we do, even too I wouldn't be so sure old Kujou is really that loyal to her excellency..." he said and you looked at him. Did he actually know something you didn't?

" My lord today do you need my assistance? "Thoma asked and Ayato shook his head.

" No need for that, y/n will help me with what I have to do so you can go and take care of my sister Thoma. "Ayato said sipping from his tea.

" Understood. "Thoma said with a smile.

" I should get going, Y/n after you finish I'll be waiting for you in my office. "Ayato said and you nodded.

" I will go ask the servants to prepare everything for lunch. "said Thoma and left and Ayaka looked at you.

" So y/n how was the first night at the Kamisato estate? "she smiled and you gave her a warm smile.

" It was wonderful Ayaka, it feels so safe and comfortable here. "you said and she chuckled.

" I hope my brother didn't tease you too much, you know, he tends to tease the people around him quite often. "she said and you giggled.

" I did see that but don't worry, I actually had the chance to learn more about Ayato and, your truly lucky to have such a brother Ayaka. "you said and she smiled.