𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

❛ ── chapter zero
MEMORIES THAT REMAIN. ❜

 ❜

          𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐖𝐀 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 kissed Kang Tae-Moo, they were both merely innocent children. And what could adults say to two preschoolers who believed that they would grow up and get married to one another that true love didn't work like that?

          Myung Hwa Young, the only heiress to multi-million dollar coffee import company spent the first few years of her life growing up next to walking prodigy and all-round face genius, Kang Tae-Moo.

          They were attached to the hip, wherever the boy went, the quiet little girl would follow. And when she felt alone, he would always find her and stayed until she fell asleep.

          It was a no-brainer that the two were destined to be childhood sweethearts and in the future, Korea's couple of the century. Handsome, perfect, Kang Tae-Moo and soft spoken, elegant, Myung Hwa Young. A match made in heaven.

          However, everything changed when the tragic death of his parents caused him to spiral downwards. He was no longer the boy who she could confide in, every little thing would tick him off and send Tae-Moo into a fit of rage. Even when she tried to help, give him a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen, he'd shut every door at her and closed Hwa Young out of his life almost entirely.

          So it'd been no surprise that their last interaction together before Hwa Young moved out of the country had ended on bad terms. He shouted at her, she cried, he wouldn't hear her out, and she was left completely and utterly heartbroken.

          And thus their fairytale romance and child-like bliss had come to an end.

          They may have only been ten at the time, but it had been something that stuck with him until his adulthood. The memory had held a knife to his heart and his neck in a chokehold. He'd do anything to reverse time and do things differently, or if life had been so forgiving, he'd wish for a second chance to fix his mistakes.

          So when he hears about her being back in the country, he chases after her. After all, he doesn't want the girl of his dreams to only remain something of his imagination.

          But news travel fast in the upper class elites, and it's rumored that the darling of Korea, Myung Hwa Young is being set up to be in an arranged marriage. And Kang Tae-Moo doesn't like the idea of that at all, she was his first kiss and he was hers. The thought of seeing her in white and promising her vows to some other man ( who probably doesn't even deserve someone as beautiful and kind-hearted as her ) made his stomach turn with envy.

          So he does what anyone would do in his situation and sets out to propose to her before anyone else can. He'll be hers before he'll be anyone else's. And he's ready to devote his entire life to apologizing and making her the happiest wife anyone could be.

          If she'll let him, Kang Tae-Moo is prepared to sacrifice life and death itself to get her back. He'll love her unconditionally and once he gets a taste, he's afraid he won't be able to live without her.

          The only problem? She doesn't remember who he is.