Chapter 26: Hyuga vs Senju

Start from the beginning

The Yondaime Raikage was a famed Shinobi from the Third Shinobi World War. Like most Shinobi of Kumo, the Raikage was highly skilled in Lightning Techniques, and was renowned for using Nintaijutsu (Ninja Body Techniques), which combined Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, making his attacks more devastating. But he was practically famous for his immense speed which was said to rival even the Sandaime's former successor the Yondaime Hokage.

Accompany the Raikage where two Kumo Shinobi, the first Shinobi was a tall young man with short blond hair, dark eyes and wore the standard uniform of a Kumo Shinobi.

The second Shinobi was a dark-skinned man with a slightly bulbous nose and lazy look in his eyes (which reminded Sarutobi of a certain Konoha Shinobi). He had white shaggy hair that covered his left eye and wore a high-collared, sleeveless uniform with loose fitting pants and a standard Kumo flak jacket. He also carried a cleaver like sword on his back and had the kanji for Water and Lightning tattooed on each of his arms.

Unlike the first Shinobi, Sarutobi knew this shinobi well. His name was Darui and he was a renowned and powerful Shinobi from Kumo. He was a highly skilled Lightning and Water user and an equally skilled swordsman and possessed the Ranton (Storm Release) Bloodline. He was also the inheritor of the Sandaime Raikage's Kuroi Kaminari (Black Lightning) technique, which allowed him to use unique Lightning techniques that only he could use. This earned him the moniker Darui no Kuroi Kaminari (Darui of the Black Lightning). In terms of skill, the man was easily on par with Konoha's top Shinobi Maito Gai and Hatake Kakashi.

When they saw the two other Kages, both the Mizukage and the Hokage stood up and greeted them. After which Hokage invited them to take whatever seats they wished, where the Kazekage took the seat that was to the Sandaime's left, while the Raikage took the remaining seat, which was next to the Kazekage's on his left.

"Greetings Kazekage-sama, Raikage-sama, I'm pleased that you could both make it, you both must be tired after your long journeys."

"Not at all Hokage-sama" the Kazekage replied. "In fact, I'm glad that the Chunin exam is in Konoha this year, since you are not as young as you once were and a journey to another village would be rather tough on you. Perhaps you should think about retiring and appoint a new successor? "

The old Hokage just laughed at this remark "Don't treat me like an old man, now. I'm still considering holding my position for at least another five years."

At this remark, both the Kazekage and the Raikage narrowed their eyes, but did not comment on.

As the four Kages looked down in the area, they saw that most of the finalist where in the arena waiting for the finals to begin.

"If I'm not mistaken, Hokage-sama, we're missing three finalists, two of them being Uchiha Sasuke and Senju Naruto" commented A with a frown. Since his plan to humiliate Konoha depended on both Naruto and Sasuke being in the exam. He also knew that most of the lords and officials here had come to the exam for the sole purpose of watching Naruto and Sasuke compete in the exam and bet on them.

"Sadly I'm afraid the finalist from Otogakure (Hidden Sound) was found dead last week on the rooftop of a building. His body was crushed and we could barely identify him, my ANBU are currently investigating the matter as we speak, but they have yet to identify the perpetrator.

"And what of Uchiha Sasuke and Senju Naruto?" Mei asked.

"I'm afraid their whereabouts are unknown"

"You're telling us that you've lost track of your own Shinobi?" the bulky Raikage asked in mild disbelief, where the old Hokage could only smile in embarrassment.

"Please do not worry Raikage-sama, I'm certain both boys will show up, as neither of them are the type to miss out on something like this."

At this the Raikage could only scoff in disgust, since it was his opinion that both boys should have decency to be on time, especially for an event this important.