1. A surprise

River's POV:

As I walk through the front door I see my sister, Marina, sitting on the steps. I smile at her as I put my bag down next to the door. I notice she has a weird expression on her face.
"Marina? Are you okay?"
She smiles slightly.
"Yes, but I have something for you and I think you're going to love it!"
She hands me a piece of paper and I open it.

River,
You have been accepted into Crown Lakes's school for magical teens. This may come as a shock to you as most of those with magical abilities don't usually find a place where they can feel at home. Here at Crown Lake we all are a family. If you do choose to accept your place, further instructions will be sent to you.
Best regards,
Selwyn Dumbledore. Headmistress of Crown Lake.

I put the letter down and look at my sister who's smiling.
"Well?"
I hesitate, this would mean a lot of change and I'd be a long way away from my sister as she alternates between camp halfblood and Hogwarts.
"I.... I don't really know..."
She stands up.
"River I think you should do it. We both know you hate that muggle school you're currently going to. This is a big opportunity. Plus, Selwyn Dumbledore Is the headmistress. I think you'll be okay."
I go quiet for a minute. She is right about me hating my current school. I look down at the letter again. Marina can read my thoughts.
"If you don't like it you can always come back."
I nod.
"Okay... I'll do it."
Marina smiles brightly.
"Awesome!"

A/n:
I hope I did an okay job at formatting this. And I know the letter is bad but it's all I could come up with. Hope you enjoyed!