Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Tension, Mansion and Realization

-Sakuya Izayoi's POV- (SDM, entrance hall...)

After returning back to the mansion, I fully intended to inform Lady Remilia of what I have witnessed at the Human Village.

Quickly instructing the fairy maids on what to do for the next few hours, I prepare a quick brew of red tea with blood and waste no further time, as I stand in front of Lady Remilia's office, in which she usually spends her time doing whatever she sees fit to do.

I make my presence known by knocking on the door twice with my free hand.

„Come in."

After being granted access, I enter, closing the door before bowing down and speaking.

„Milady, I have done as you requested."

„Oh? As expected of you. However, I feel like there is something more you desire to tell me?" Says Lady Remilia.

„Yes." I respond.

„Very well, you may speak." Informs Lady Remilia.

Placing the tray with the tea set down on her desk and filling a cup full with the tea to cool, I began to inform Lady Remilia.

„After I have ordered the replacement furniture to be delivered and was preparing to leave, I have heard about someone holding a speech in the village."

„Did you attend it?" Asks Lady Remilia.

„I have. The individual who was to hold mentioned speech, was an Outsider."

„Outsider? It couldn't have been one of our recent guests, could it?" Questions Lady Remilia, picking up the tea cup and slowly taking a sip of the tea inside it.

„No, it was someone we haven't seen before. Interesting enough... Somehow, the Outsider managed to influence the villagers to make him the new village chief."

*SPIT*

„W-What!?" Asks Lady Remilia, after spitting the tea on the floor and table.

„An Outsider managed to become the village chief and the villagers support him!?" Asks Lady Remilia further, her childish behaviour slowly spilling out.

„From what I have seen and heard, it appears so. I have tried to have a talk with him once he came down to talk with some villagers face to face, but due to the sheer amount of people present I found it quite bothersome and decided to quickly return and inform you of this interesting development in the Human Village."

„I see... Then it is decided." States Lady Remilia.

„What is it, Milady?" I ask, growing concerned about what it might be.

„Sakuya, I want you to inform that Outsider that I, Remilia Scarlet, personally invite him for a dinner talk to my humble abode, the Scarlet Devil Mansion!" Exclaims Lady Remilia, with a smug smile.

...

„Of course, Lady Remilia. He will be informed and will attend it right away." I say, accepting Milady's wish.

„No wait! I want to write a letter first and sign it with my own blood, just like you are supposed to!" Says Lady Remilia, her true personality out of the cage.

I stay silent and observe as Lady Remilia begins to write down the invitation before stopping after the first word.

„Do you know the Outsider's name?" Asks Lady Remilia.