April

She could hear her heartbeat thumping  into her ears. She was pacing down and forth, fingers drumming by her side (one looking from a distance would think she is calculating something) she was nervous damn damn nervous!

And then suddenly arms wrapped her from behind and she leant in him feeling his strong, warm arms around her and blocking the whole world from and all her nervousness vanishing. Drake. She didn't have to turn or ask. He was her mate and she knew how he felt. She turned and ran her fingers through his soft tousled blonde hair. The wolf within him growled. She smiled and he kissed her.

The love and mate of her life as she would call him. They both were each other's halves. Just inseperable.

She knew that it wasn't her first performance. But still she was nervous. It may have been her hundredth but it was her first in front of these people. But she hadn't sang in a long time.

She had moved to Bolton a month ago. She liked it here. The tranquility and thick greenery, away from the city, 'into the woods' as her friends had said when she left North Carolina after staying there for two years with Drake. Away from the people and the dry air from the beaches.
As primitive as it sounded the town was well modernised , cars, plush bungalows. It still had its town touch to it.
"April! You're up! Come on hurry!" Mrs. Peterson called out. Her english teacher. Their school had come up with a plan to help the orphanage and the children. Their school had renovated an old,  secluded store house into a café, with the help of the students ofcourse. Painting, interior designing etc, etc ovr the summer. And every week a class was appointed to take care of it. During school hours the appointed class would be left early to manage the café, the teachers would all be there with them assisting them. The management liked the idea because they thought it would teach the students sense of responsibility and independence.
The teens waited for the 'weekends' because that time was the most interesting one as everyone had to show their talents on the stage, put up in the cafe. And people would come enjoy seeing some teens embarrasss themselves. And all the money would go to the orphanage fund.
It was April class's turn she was singing tonight. Half the boys had come there to see what this beautiful brunette with hazel eyes would. Many boys try talking to her and she always kind to reply everyone of them but only when she is alone. Drake is their problem. He never lets anyone near her and if any guy tries to be too smart it does not take him long enough to change from funny, cool to intimidating, serious bastard.

April hurried out of his embrace to her teacher turning back as if remembering something went to Drake wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. He kissed her back and his inner wolf growled.
"Best of luck". He said against her lips. She smiled. Gave him a peck on his lips and hurried to the stage. He couldn't help himself but smile.

His phone started vibrating and guilt washed over him when he glanced at the number, he bit the insides of his mouth to control himself, answering the phone he said through his clenched teeth,
"How many times have I warned you not to call me on this cell without my permission!". He yelled stepping out of the café.