The treasure

The site was dug , and the box which could fill a human with ease ,  was put on the ground adjacent to the carved site . It took about ten of the mercenaries to lift it up from the ground . And by the time they were done with the lifting and putting it down , even the strongman Viktor was lying on the ground exasperated . The leader looked at the Prisoners and asked them , what was it inside that made it so heavy . Graffin , replied the Prisoners . Gold ? That heavy ? Asked the leader who was beginning to turn suspicious. Yes , said the Prisoners , for the first time speaking in the common tongue . The leader took out his pistol and shot the big lock , immediately breaking it . Open it , he commanded his troop . Slowly , Viktor got up from the ground and went to open the box of treasure . He tried to lift the lid , but as much as he tried to lift it ,the lid not move an inch . He tried again and again trying to lift the lid , but only to much disappointment. Even some of the other mercenaries joined in trying to open the lid , even then lid would not simply budge . Finally watching the drama unfold , the leader too joined in with the effort . The leader used all his might and strength , and then too the box stayed shut . The leader gave an exasperated look , what is the meaning of this ? He asked the prisoners . Why won't it move , the lid , he asked them in fury . Showing weariness of the journey at last . The prisoners smiled . Looking up at the sun . And began to recite a prayer , words spoken by only ancient creatures . The lid finally started to slide open , bit by bit . The recital went on for quite some time , and the lid was finally open enough for them to move it . The prisoner looked at the leader and said 'After the final tires ' . Gods  love humility ' . The leader bent his knees on the ground and began to open the casket . There were many ancient treasures inside it .Gold , diamonds , pearls and many more priceless items lay inside .  The mercenaries laughed in joy and began to cover their hands with the items .  As they celebrated , the priests in the black cloak , began to recite another ancient song , for this time only , the song was much darker in tone . It gave a sense of eeriness to the people around . What is this ? asked the leader . What are you reciting now ? He asked them . The priests would not stop the recital . I ask you again ? What are you reciting ? Said the leader dropping the gold from his hands to the ground . As he dropped the gold on the ground , the gold vanished into the desert . The leader was in shock . I command you stop it , he fumed . The gold has turned into dust . The priests still went on . He drew out his pistol and shot at the sky . The priests stopped . " Fehir " they screamed . The gold , and the other valuables turned into poisonous gas quickly suffocating the ones holding it . It quickly killed everyone's except the leader and the strongman Viktor . They looked around in shock as their compatriots lay dead on the ground . Viktor turned into a monstrous rage seeing the death of his friends and charged towards the prisoners with the chain . Hitting the priests repeatedly . The priests simply grinned with every lash they received . How dare you laugh ? Asked the leader as he drew out his pistol and aimed to shoot at the prisoners . You too shall now perish to the ground , he shouted at them . " Sharin " murmured the prisoners . The two guards who were buried alive along with the treasure rose  up from the ground and took hold of the two remaining mercenaries . Holding them tightly , and not giving them an inch of space , the two dead guards covered in skin from the top to bottom . As the mercenaries tried to wriggle their way out of the stronghold , the priests approached them . We lied "There is no god " they said and walked away . The dead guards at once snapped their neck leaving the two of them dead along with the other mercenaries . After their task was completed , the guards went back into the ground , the same way they had come . The priests walked the same way , they had come in .