11. redemption arc lol

" 揺れ出すグラグラと
You can't take control
Getting so hot, 今気付いたんでしょ?"

0:34────I─────2:40
↺͏͏◁◁ll▷▷⋮≡
VOLTAGE - ITZY

Your body is shaking shaking You can't take controlGetting so hot, you just now noticed right?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Your body is shaking shaking
You can't take control
Getting so hot, you just now noticed right?

The new scenery was a vast change from the previous one. The shining sun was cut out almost completely by thick canopies, the ground was covered with dense grass and lone sticks, and the air was a lot cooler allowing you to breathe a lot more evenly.

You pushed a bush branch out of your way and held it there, allowing Tanjirou and Zenitsu to slip past hassle-free.

Behind you Zenitsu spoke up.

"Hey Tanjirou, [Last-Name] on second thought I'm not gonna make it..." Zenitsu stressed. You would have thought he was just making up excuses, but when you looked back the boy seemed to be walking with his eyes shut.
"Even if I go along I'll be completely useless.."

You sighed at the boy's weak attempts of persuasion, while Tanjirou payed no attention to them.

"The scent of a demon is getting stronger little by little. There's something up ahead." Tanjirou thought hyperfocused on evaluating and getting rid of the threat.

You felt the beginning of a heavy weight build in your stomach.

You stopped in your tracks causing Tanjirou to almost crash into you. Fortunately for you he was paying attention, unfortunately for him Zenitsu was not.

Zenitsu bumped into him harder than you anticipated and caused a domino effect, you frowned at the collision as it interrupted your early thought process.

"Zenitsu..." you grumbled and you did not need to look at the boy to know he deflated.

"Sorry." He mumbled back when the three of you started back walking towards the undesired destination.

You let out a heavy breath through your nose as the feeling in your gut grew larger. Though this time, you weren't scared, rather determined to do your job.

Protect the Kamados, Kill the Demon King if he's there for some reason. Maybe some other demons as collateral damage.

You found if you broke it down like this the job seemed a lot less grueling than it actually was. You knew you were just tricking yourself to make your situation seem better. But you've decided at this point, does it really even matter?

Your eyes caught a patch of sunlight, it was a clearing.

You heard a pair of footsteps behind you falter, then speed up. You felt the weight in your stomach grow heavier.