🧚‍♀️ FANTASY RESULTS PART 5: FILIPINO 🧚‍♀️

Thank you for judging, MsInsipid

Here are the results:

1. The Peculiar At Magic School by TypicalPen

Book Cover:4%

It's nice, you accentuated PECULIAR which added depth, but it would be better if it's just a combination of one or two fonts and a contrast between colors. But I like the background you got, if you'd like, you could make use of the black spaces to cater a clearer book name.

Title: 3%

It's all cool, you could still understand the message you wanted to convey. But it's kind of redundant in a way that peculiarity and magic correlate to each other. It's kind of common given the words 'Peculiar' and 'Magic.'

Blurb: 2%

First, there are too many spaces. If I may, you should depict it in a way that it would give depth to the story. Make use of adjectives and wordplay and the key to a good blurb is making the reader's question what would happen next.

Also, you just described the character, not the story.

Relevance To The Genre: 15%

It's fantasy, indeed.

Plot Uniqueness and Creativity: 11%

I like the plot, not gonna lie. It's not unique altogether, but it's also not cliché. But for Altair to have a grasp on things quite easily, is all too fast. (I don't know the whole story yet so kindly disregard it if it tells something about herself.) The whole family situation, the secrecy of her identity, especially the djinn, I like it.

The plot, hmm... I stopped at the part where the head of Lucent bade goodbye so I can't say it's uncommon? But I liked that you add depth to her character by giving her a strong but fragile personality. Her heart might be her weakness, given how she fought for the child's life.

Writing Style: 10%

Beware of grammar. Nobody's perfect, yes, but there are apps that could help (Grammarly, Google Docs, MS Word) because there will be times you'll overlook and use words that mean something else.

And add emotions! Do use the show don't tell as always, to give depth to every character and to see how they view their feelings and emotions.

And a reader tip, if you don't want their eyes to automatically head to a dialogue, don't use bold. Even if we don't want to, it's too catchy to unnotice.

Flow: 9%

Not too fast, not too slow. Though I really would want to really take her power slowly, especially since she just got them from being dormant for a long time, with no training whatsoever. (Again, if it's part of the plot, disregard) It seems to have given magic an easier access given how she did the sacred art when even an alumni couldn't. You don't need a perfect character, just an understandable one.

Your chapter lengths are acceptable. They all are needed for the plot. The timeline is easily understandable too.

Also, be mindful of changing POVs, every person has a different voice and structures of word construction. Unless necessary (which they are) try to focus on the protagonist more.

Enjoyment: 14%

I enjoyed it! As a reader, I was really curious about her power, given the differences in her appearance and thinking. You wrote it well enough to understand the scenes and I enjoyed a breath of fresh air from the 'school