Lucas: "Then what's the other option then? Going to the CBC department and telling the scientists we created one of the deadliest viruses so they call the police can arrest us while they dissect Thrax?"

Y/n: "I don't know! F*ck!" You shouted.

Thrax: "While you two are bickering, can one of you help me heal the burnt mark on my skin?" H said annoyed.

Lucas: "We're getting there! Calm down. Y/n, I promise you my idea will work if we sneakily get him to the lab and find some DNA sample without getting caught."

Y/n: "Fine, but let's do it when its midnight. Because everyone will be sleeping."

Lucas: "Right."

------------------------------------------------------

*time skip*

-------------------------------------------------------

*Y/n's POV

The idea of sneaking into the lab late at night was going to be simple thanks to Lucas' plan. He and I manage to sneak pass the campus security guard and quietly unlock the lab door.

The lab is completely dark with equipment's and textbooks being arranged, the windows illuminate the bright moon beaming through the lab, and the closets completely locked and secured. However, we're here to find enough DNA sample for Thrax. Knowing the room to where we keep the animals in cages, Lucas brought out the key card he took from the professor and swipe the lock to open.

Lucas and I step in and start collecting some animal bloods from each of the shelves while being quiet. Lucas manages to grab five to ten and I grabbed some extras just in case.

We were cut short when we heard muffling noises coming from the lab, its Professor Wynorski and Kent Mansley.

Lucas: 'Sh*t'. He cursed, quickly covering my mouth to stay quiet while the both of us listen to their conversation.

Professor Wynorski: "I don't know why your obsessed with this case Detective, but five of my students would never do anything drastic."

Kent: "Oh I believe if my theory is correct that five of your students are hiding something and it might be big and dangerous."

Professor Wynorski: "Detective Mansley please, my students are not terrorists or killers. They're just nice students with brilliant ideas that shows a interest in science that will help many lives."

Kent: "Oh really? Then how do you explain the murder of two students at a party and the frat and sorority houses burnt down a couple of weeks ago?"

Professor Wynorski: "I trust them in all of my heart. If they're telling the truth, then I believe them."

It was touching for Professor Wynorski trusting us, I even felt like I just want confront Kent and tell him to f*ck off. But I can't since we're hiding from the two adults.

Kent: "All I want to know if these kids are plotting anything big and you're unaware of this situation."

Professor Wynorski: "Of course not, what I said before, five of my students are intelligent with creative ideas that are optimistic to shape the world."

Kent: "Fine then, give me a call if anything happens." He said, giving Wynorski his card before he left the lab.

Professor Wynorski: *sigh* "I know you two are in here. Come out now."

Lucas and I were shocked the professor noticed our presence in the other room so we stepped out and faced him.

Lucas: "Professor, I know there's a lot to explain about the whole thing and hoping you won't report the entire story to the Dean or the authorities." He said, trying to reason to the professor.

Professor Wynorski: "I know about the virus you been hiding from us this whole time."

Y/n: "H-How do you know?"

Professor Wynorski: "The dead rabbit in the lab, the bloody footprint trail that aren't human, and the fires of two houses. I know it was the virus caused all of this." He stated with a concern look on his face.

Y/n: "Professor please let us explain, I know we didn't mean to create him in the beginning, but we were unaware of his actions as well. The way he acted was his instinct, a sign of protection. And we understand if it was that serious and we got many lives harmed or worst killed, then we'll face the consequences if we tell everyone about Thrax, then get expelled from school and finally sent to prison." She said sadly, removing eye contact

Professor Wynorski: "That's not the point Ms. L/n but listen to me carefully. I know the secret you kids to hide from me and befriending the virus was a challenge. However, I see that you and your friends really do care about this "Thrax" virus, and I appreciate the friendship."

Lucas: "You do? But Professor, we created one of the most deadliest viruses and you just noticed on what we were doing. How are you not bothered about this? Aren't you going to turn us in?"

Professor Wynorski: "I should of, but analyzing your explanation and the reasons that I shouldn't call the police. Your good kids, I see the determination that you really do care about Thrax and it cares about you too. Even the five of you are going to graduate soon at the end of the semester, so I appreciate that you make a promise that all of you will stay together and care for one another, including your virus friend. And I will keep this as a secret. "

This moment was unfulfilling for Professor Wynorski on trusting us to keep this as a secret and promising that the case will die down sooner or later. Lucas and I exchange look of each other as our heads turn back to our professor.

Lucas: "Thank you professor." He thanked him nodding his head.

Professor Wynorski: "But before you kids leave, I would like to meet you friend first thing in the morning."