Chapter 2

Branch ran through the village as fast as he could, the little troll pushing his machine along with him as he looked around at all the dragons flying by...

       A Nadder Head is sure to get me at least noticed...

     The Nadders climbed onto a building, tearing the roof completely off of it as they roared out in pure fury, Puffalos fleeing the newly destroyed building in fear before being carried off by the raging dragons...

     Gronckles are tough. Taking down one of those would definitely get Poppy to like me...

     Off in the distance a group of Gronckles were chomping on stones, completely ignoring the hustle and bustle of the fighting that was happening all around them.

     Just then, a stealthy snake-like dragon head peeked over a rooftop, breathing a thick green gas into the chimney of the building it was currently climbing...

     Hmm... A Zippelback? Exotic... exciting. Two heads, twice the status.

     Suddenly, a second head poked up next to the first, sparking the gas to make the building explode in a huge puff of smoke and flames...

     And then there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best fighters go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire...

     A Monstrous Nightmare climbed up a tall tower that was nearby, Thorn standing at the top of it, seeming to be egging the creature on...

     "You want a piece of me!?" the chief yelled out fiercely at the dragon. "Bring it on, you overgrown lizard!"

     The Monstrous Nightmare suddenly burst into flames, lunging itself at Thorn who quickly pulled a sledge hammer out of his hair, smashing it into the dragon's head as hard as he possibly could...

     But the ultimate prize is the dragon no one has ever seen. We call it...

     A black shadow shot across the dark sky, the winged figure barely being seen as it blasted buildings with its blue fiery breath...

     The Night Fury...

     That's it... that's the one I'm going for. That'll turn my life around for sure. I'll finally get respect... I'll finally get...

Nearby, Poppy was fighting off a Natter Head, seeming to be easily winning the battle. Branch smiled at her, continuing to run by.

Her...

     Quickly, Branch ran towards a cliff on the far edges of the island, stopping right on the edge of it as he looked up at the starry night sky.

     "Come on... come on..." he muttered softly to himself, getting ready to shoot. "Where are you..."

     Suddenly, a shadow shot out from behind the clouds, lightning seeming to shoot right out of the beast as it flew past, Branch quickly firing his weapon right at it...

     A loud screech rung out through the cool air as the Night Fury suddenly fell right out of the sky, crashing to the ground somewhere off in the forest not far from where Branch stood...

"Yes!" Branch shouted out in victory as he watched his prey fall out of sight. "Yes, yes, yes! I hit it! Please tell me somebody saw that!"