I glanced at the clock.

10:43 P.M.

"One hour, Steven. And then it's time." I replaced the lotion back into the drawer and closed it, now standing to meet his figure as he excitedly held the box. I kissed his cheek softly and took the puzzle from his hands.

Suddenly, he practically jumped in happiness and came back to the bed, plopping down and causing me to follow suit, tumbling onto the bed with a giggle. "Thank you, my love." He whispered, scooting in close to me.

The puzzle wasn't specifically a large one, just a few hundred pieces.

It wouldn't take long, knowing that Steven was a professional at solving puzzles.
***
12:36 A.M.

Steven was still diligently attempting to solve the puzzle and for the past 45 minutes I had been extremely suspicious of him and his antics of pretending.

He should have already solved this puzzle, but I think he was purposefully wasting time now.

"Steven?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He sheepishly looked up towards me, now donning his crimson reading glasses, knowing that he had been caught. "(Y/N)...I know it's been more than 45 minutes, but please..."

I carefully took the puzzle box lid that held the partially solved puzzle and brought it to his desk where he could work on it tomorrow. "Steven, love, it is time for you to go to sleep." I carefully sat the box down and retreated to the bed to collect the other half of the book with the remaining disconnected pieces.

With a sigh, Steven surrendered the other half of the box and slumped his shoulders as I accepted it from him. "Yeah, but..." He began to grumble, taking off his readers and rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"But what?" I inquired, walking to his hunched frame. I tenderly reached towards him and ran a hand through his somewhat dried hair, gently massaging his scalp. He leaned into my touch and I knew just how exhausted he was, as he seemed to be struggling to sit up even now.

"But...I know what Marc promised you." He muttered, his eyes opened to find mine as his head leaned back and into my grasp. He replaced his glasses onto the bridge of his nose. "I know he's taking you out for a date as soon as I go to sleep." He stated, closing his eyes in defeat.

I gently removed his readers and folded the arms before placing them onto the mattress beside him. "Yes, Marc did promise." I acknowledged, not trying to hide anything from Steven. It wasn't a secret that both men desired to spend time with me and I wanted to do the same for them both.

"But-But I also want to spend time with you, (Y/N). That's why I was trying to stay awake. I...wanted this to be a date of sorts and I feel like it flopped." He shrugged his shoulders in dejection.

I smiled and leaned in to kiss his nose softly. "Steven. You don't have to force yourself to stay awake for me. We can go out on a date if you'd like. You just have to ask, sweetheart." I ran my thumbs over his eyebrows which had softened under my touch and affection.

"Really?" He inquired, tilting his head and causing me to chuckle. I nodded and he placed his hands on top of mine. "Okay, yeah, yeah, I'll, um, plan something then. Something nice." He stated before kissing my palms and standing.

Steven grabbed his readers gently and took them to his side of the bed where he sat them on his own nightstand. I mimicked his movements and crawled into the bed as soon as he did.

Just as every night before, he crawled to my now laying form and settled himself on top of me, nestling his face against my neck. "Good night, love..." He whispered as I began to once again run my hands through his curls, tenderly playing with his hair.

"Sweet dreams, my Steven." I responded, caressing his cheek with one hand as I still combed his hair with the other. After a moment, soft tufts of snores hit my chest as I grinned, knowing that he was peacefully and finally resting.

His weight relaxed onto my body and I sighed in contentedness. My own eyes started to drift closed as I smelled his hair, richly emanating the relaxing lavender scent. I hummed in satisfaction, realizing our heartbeats and breaths had synced.

Just as I knocked on the threshold of the twilight zone of sleeping, I felt a pair of lips on my cheek, waking me from the gentle pressure. "Hey, baby." Marc quietly uttered, now raising his head from being buried in my neck. "You ready to go out? I'm sure we can find someplace that's open to eat. But I blame Steven if I can't get you something to eat this late."

With a tired smile, I sighed and opened my heavy eyelids. "Yeah, I'm ready, Marc. I just need to put my shoes on, I guess." I responded, feeling the weight that was one splayed on me completely disappear.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Let me get out of his pajamas." He retorted, standing to rummage through the drawers for something more appropriate to celebrate a night on the town dressed in.

I watched Marc hurriedly take his shirt off and switch it for a comfortable sweater. My exhausted eyes flickered to the incomplete puzzle that rested on Steven's desk and I held back a small chuckle, not wanting to alert Marc while he changed for our date.

With Steven being awake during the day and Marc ready and eager to explore the city every night, I don't think that I'd ever be able to engage sleep again with them always keeping me awake.

It was going to be especially difficult now that they both smelled like the enticing lavender, the aromi if relaxation, always tempting me with sleep, but always tempting me to enjoy being awake with them during every hour of every day.