Ending 1: Red Chrysanthemums

"Alright class, today we'll be discussing..." The teacher droned on for several minutes, as the class occasionally took notes. Reki sat in his usual seat feeling more than nervous. About what, exactly? Well, today was the day he would confess to his crush. Langa cheered him on the best he possibly could, however, Reki's nerves got the better of him.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Langa whispered, as I slightly looked back at him with a smile. I urged him to continue, "Do you want to do something after school today?" He questioned, before I immediately shook my head.

"Sorry, I'm busy." I smiled, scanning my eyes over at a nervous Reki. The red-head bopped his leg in anticipation. I wondered why he looked so nervous, but I didn't pay too much mind to it. Why? Because I was pretty baffled myself. I had gotten a love letter from an unknown individual, and I didn't know who it could have been. I hoped to God it wasn't Ainosuke or some weirdo. The letter was so beautifully written, but the handwriting was pretty standard. 'Kaoru and Langa are out...' I thought, before focusing back on the lesson.

After school, I managed to catch up with the red-haired boy. Langa had something to do for his mom, so we were the only ones. "O-Oh, hey (Y/N)... didn't you say you were busy after school?" He queried bashfully, before I caught on to what he meant.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I stated, lowering my voice a little, "If you want, we can go to an arcade... or back to your house." I muttered, looking down to the ground coyly.

"The arcade sounds cool. I do have to get home in an hour though." I pulled off my board, before putting it under me.

"Then let's not waste any time." I grinned, as he returned the expression. I rode casually, occasionally doing a Gazelle Flip if prompted to, however, I was too preoccupied. Getting to the arcade place, I looked around at all the games. Some kids were strewn around, however, it wasn't too busy. Coming across Pac-Man, I put in a coin before playing. Reki watched as he sipped on his soda. "Do you want to play?" I asked, throwing him a coin. He took the machine next to me, attempting to beat my high score. "I'm gonna win!"

"In your dreams, (Y/N)!" In my dreams indeed. I ended up losing pretty bad, considering how simple the game is. "It's okay (Y/N)!" He patted my back, as a small chuckle escaped past his lips. A small pink hue covered my own before I joined him. As he played a racing game, I started to talk.

"So... the reason I said I was busy today... was because I got a letter from a secret admirer." I breathed a sigh of relief, feeling a little better to get something like that off my chest. Reki froze up, before using up one of his in game lives. "The thing is... I don't know whether I should meet them or not. I don't want to leave them hanging, but how do I turn down someone's feeling without getting them hurt."

"You're going to deny him right away?" He questioned, turning back to meet my eyes. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I already... like someone..." I blushed a large red hue, turning my gaze away from the red-head. "I think you are right though. I wouldn't want to completely break the poor guy's heart by flaking." I stated, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. I didn't have much else to say on the topic, so I decided to change the subject. "Hey, my skateboard shaft is kind of broken. Can you fix it for me?" I smiled, before the red-haired mechanic turned around to give me an 'are you serious' look, "I know this has been the third time this month. Sorry."

"What do you do on that skateboard, (Y/N)?" The boy huffed, before his signature smile returned to his expression, "Don't worry though. Mechanic Star Reki has your back!"

"Thank you Reki." I thanked.

"However!" He smiled, pointing a finger in my direction, "You have to let me take you out for dinner first!" I checked the time to see that it was four thirty. I shrugged my shoulders, being fine with it.