𝕂𝕒𝕖𝕣 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕙𝕖𝕟

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay? You look drained."

I point out and he hums.

"Training Ciri is more taxing than I anticipated."

He admits quietly and I sigh, leaning forward on the table.

"You should let the others pitch in."

I say, throwing his words back at him. He actually scoffs, a small side smile gracing his beautiful face.

"She's my responsibility."

He says, but, I shake my head.

"If you were alone, yes, but, you aren't. You're surrounded by your Brother's and friends. They want to help. Maybe you should let them."

I suggest, picking my book back up as Geralt ponders my words.

🐺

I wince, not being able to get the herbs into my water quick enough.

It's been about a week since I suggested that Geralt accept help with Ciri. He actually took my advice and allowed the other Witcher's to train her.

Geralt had been very distant with Yennefer and I don't know why. I have a feeling that Jaskier knows why, but, I don't want to pry.

Speaking of Jaskier, he has been busy writing new songs. Yennefer has been working on new spells, according to Ciri.

My headaches had come back with a vengeance, becoming more frequent.

I finally manage to down the water, sighing in relief when I slam the cup back down.

"They're getting worse, aren't they?"

I nearly jump at the sound of Geralt's voice. I turn to see him standing behind me, his brows pulled down into a frown.

"I'm fine, Geralt."

I say, but, he isn't convinced.

"I have someone coming. Her name is Triss. She is a Mage, like Yennefer. She said she can help with the headaches and... Some other things."

He says, but, before I could question him, Ciri comes bounding into the hall, followed by Lambert.

Geralt quickly disappears and I sigh. He knows that nothing can be done to help me and I hate this Mage already for lying to him.

🐺

Later that day, after Lambert had left to hunt for this evenings dinner, I had taken it upon myself to sit in my bedroom, my headache still there slightly.

I knew that it was just a matter of time before the herbs stopped working altogether.

There is a knock at the door before it opens, revealing Geralt. I sit up as he enters.

"Are you okay?"

He asks and I nod, hoping to convince him. However, my head didn't like the vigorous movement and I involuntarily wince. He hums and approaches the bed.

"Triss is here. Come."

He says, but, I shake my head, standings from the bed.

"I have dinner to do."

I say, hoping he'll agree and send Triss away. Instead, he turns back around.

"Jaskier is doing it tonight. We are needed elsewhere. Now, come."

He demands and I sigh, but, follow him out of the room.

He leads us down up to the laboratory and I frown as a woman comes into view. She is wearing a green dress and has a smile on her face.