one

"Then.." I took the bottle of Hennessy away from her. "Why don't you just wait until we get there since it's only a couple minute drive? We should be there in no time, I'm ready."

"I see, you look good."

"Thanks bae." I playfully grabbed her ass. We're so fake gay with each other.

Teyanas like a crazy older sister to me now. We got so close so fast but she's a year older than me and it's noticeable.

We left my dorm and went down to her car. We played hype music the whole ride there.

We got there and Teyana was extra excited for some reason today. She got out and I had to practically run to catch up with her.

She held my hand so we wouldn't get lost in the crowd. The party was at some sorority house so it was packed and bound to get wild.

Teyana started looking for someone. She could barely see, we were both short. She was only an inch or two taller than me.

"Who are you looking for!?" I had to yell in her ear, the music was so loud.

"My girlfriend!"

"You never told me you had a girlfriend!"

"We we're on a break, we just got back together!"

I didn't say anything and started looking through the crowd too. I didn't even know who we were looking for but when I saw someone I knew, I ducked down.

There's no way I'm at the same party as my ex.

I should go over there and beat her ugly ass. Who breaks up with someone over text a week after you leave for college? A lot of people actually but, me?

She's a year older than me so she graduated first. She just randomly broke up with me one day and we never spoke again. We were together for years and she broke up with me over text. Fuck her.

"What's wrong?" Teyana ducked down too.

"I think I see my ex here."

I didn't even know she went here. I wouldn't have if I knew she did. 

"Do you want us to leave? We can go back to your dorm and order some wings."

"No, it's okay. You go find your girlfriend, I need a drink." or four.

"I don't want to leave you alone, I'll go with you. She can wait. There's too many weird ass niggas here."

"I'll be good, I promise. Go find your girl, we can meet back here after."

"No more than 10 minutes Onika. I'm gonna go look for her upstairs."

"Okay, go." I shoo'ed her and she laughed and walked away.

I went to the table where all the drinks were. I needed something strong, I'm mad I left the Hennessy in Teyanas car.

I heard a voice right in my ear that almost made me drop the bottle I was holding.

"Since when do you drink tequila?"

I almost smiled hearing her voice but I had to be strong. All she did was speak Onika, get it together.

I tried to ignore her and continue to pour her drink.

Before I could grab the cranberry juice she did. She knew that's what I was going to use.

"It's rude to ignore people, I know Carol taught you better than that Nika."

I snatched it from her, "Fuck you Beyoncé."

"I didn't know you went here, congrats. I know how much you wanted to get in. I'm proud of you."

"Why are you here? I thought you were going to school in DC."

"Transferred."

I was done pouring my drink and I had nothing else to say to her so I turned around only to bump into Teyana.

The drink spilled all over me and my dress. As if my night couldn't get any worse.

"You know my girlfriend?"

Her girlfriend?????

"I saw her with you when you guys walked in so I was asking her where you were. I was trying to find you."

Teyana smiled, "You were?"

Oh girl.

"Of course baby." They started kissing, not even a peck. They were kissing like this in front of me.

I started to walk away, I didn't want to see that. They need to get a room.

Teyana caught up to me before I could get to the door. There was too many people for me to quickly walk through.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. My outfit is completely ruined and I'm starting to get a headache from this loud music." That wasn't a complete lie.

"Do you want me to take you?"

"It's not far from my building and I'm completely sober, I'll walk."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." I started walking again and she didn't follow me. 

I was relived once I was out of there and could breath fresh air. It was so stuffy in there.

I started to walk home, I had mace so I wasn't scared. I fight too, no man better not try me.

I made it back to my dorm and took a quick shower to get the smell of alcohol off me. I got into bed and noticed I had a text from an unknown number.

(713)-482-6236 - can we talk?

Blocked and ignored.

——

Thoughts? First impressions?

Bey?

Onika?

Teyana?

——

this whole thing was really rushed but i promise by the end of the week it should look more presentable 😭