Prologue

Once upon a time many angels fell from the heavens down to earth, banished by the creator for betraying him.

During their banishment to our world they discovered an old species long since forgotten, the werewolves. No one truly knew how the werewolf species began although stories have been told for generations about a moon goddess, some saying she carved them from moonstone others going so bizarre as to say she sacrificed her right arm. Never the less some angels felt threatened by their existence and so exposed them to mortals. Immediately frightened by the strange 'people' who could transform into wolves at will, humans massacred as many of the werewolves as they could; until the few that remained went into hiding. These few outcasts swore that they would avenge their brethren, they killed any ad every angel they came across. This was just the beginning...

Years, decade's even centuries passed before the next chapter in the war began. By this time werewolf packs and population had risen and their species was safe... for the moment.

A werewolf, out hunting, happened upon a pack of regular wolves attacking an angel. Like all angels her beauty was ethereal. But there was an edge to her. Maybe it was the way her ebony, shoulder-length hair framed her face. Like a fairy. Maybe it was her two toned eyes, cat-like in the way the grey glittered green every now-and-then. She was short, all curves, and lithe. A far cry from the usual tall, thin and graceful female angel's he had seen before... but still breathtakingly beautiful.
He stood there watching from behind a nearby bush, the wolves cornered her, snarling and gnashing viciously. Unsheathing a blessed blade, she fought back, slashing, striking and blocking the wolves. The werewolf crouched fascinated by the way this angel fought. A look in her eyes told him that she did not exactly want to hurt the creatures, but she certainly didn't want to die either.
Suddenly a bright light shone from within the angel and she was gone. With her disappearance came a dagger to his throat. He swallowed shallowly before slowly turning to come face-to-face with the angel.

She stared at him confused, she knew the oath werewolves took, to kill her kind. Yet he did not move to kill, not even to get out of her hold, maybe it was because she currently held a magical dagger to his throat. Slowly, she lowered the silver, prepared for resistance, but he made no movement other than to take a deep sigh.

'Hi'

She leaped back at the words

'My names Logan'

The angel had never spoken to one of them before so she kept her fighting stance as he outstretched his hand to her. She stared at it for a long moment before switching her blade to the other hand and out stretching her own hand, grasping his cautiously and gently shaking it.

'So, what's your name?'

Considering his next actions carefully she formed the words on her tongue

'Evelyn, my name is Evelyn'.

The pair had many more strange encounters in those woods.
And soon they grew to welcome the others company.
Eventually, the pair began meeting in secret, away from prying eyes and every time they would fall more in love than before.
Two years later the two eloped so they could marry without the scrutiny of his pack or her brethren. And soon the two became parents to a baby girl; the very first angel-werewolf hybrid.

Things were going very well for the family until the werewolf's sister uncovered Logan and Evelyn's little secret, she felt betrayed by her brother for disgracing their species. To her such an act was punishable by death.
When his sister came for them Logan decided to hide his family; always waiting just until his sister got too close for comfort before they would move. The family was happy that way and most importantly they were safe. For the mean time anyway...