I let out a small laugh. "I guess you're right."

"I love when you admit I'm right," he said, kissing my cheek before going to leave my room. "If you need anything, I'll be just across the hall, little Hanemiya."

He shut the door behind him, leaving me to myself once again.

I can only imagine what's going to come out of this journey. All I know is I could never go back to Toman. No matter what, I can't go back.

↱↱↱

The smell of bacon and pancakes filled the room, and my eyes slowly fluttered open, meeting the sunlight through the window.

"Oh, you're finally awake," Ran said, coming into my room with a tray of food.

I sat up a little too fast and grabbed the side of my head.

"Hey, don't strain yourself, sweetie," he said, placing the tray on the desk. He sat on the edge of my bed next to me and examined my bandages. "When did you change these last?"

"Like a week or so ago."

"YN, you need to take care of yourself," he said, getting up to grab something. He came back with a medical kit.

He slowly took the bandage off of my head, and I winced at the sore pain flowing at both sides of my head. He froze for a moment at the sight of the wound.

"If you don't take care of it, it'll only hurt more," he said, cleaning me up. "All done, we'll check on it again in 2 days to make sure all is going well."

"Thank you."

"Now I made you breakfast, eat up because we're going out today," he said, getting up again.

He handed me the tray, and I immediately dug in. I'm eating like I've never eaten a day in my life. I can't remember the last time I had a full meal.

"Whoa, slow down before you choke," he laughed.

"Sorry," I said with a full mouth. "So where are we going today?"

"We have business in the south side, and I thought you'd like to tag along. I know you have some friends over there, an—"

"No thanks," I spoke nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't spoken to my friends in the south side in a long time. A few of them come into the shop every now and then, but I've left them behind. I'm leaving everything behind."

Wakasa and Takeomi, the only two of Shin's friends that would visit the bike shop I had taken over after him.

"Well, I still think it'll be good for you to get out for a little. So if you want, you can stay in the car," he insisted.

"That's fine, but you have to take me to the mall. I need new clothes."

I got dressed and met the boys at the front of the house. When I walked up, I could tell they had just finished arguing about something.