005

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮word count: 2274╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

word count: 2274
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

It was already August 3rd, and I was so excited to go to this festival with Baji. Thanks to Takemichi, things have been back to normal again. I really hate to see Mikey and Draken fight, but I refuse to step in between them.

I started to get ready for the festival when my door flung open. "WHY CAN'T YOU KNOCK!" I yelled at Mikey.

"Takemichi's here to see you," he said. Takemichi peeked out behind Mikey and waved nervously.

Thankfully, I was still in my night clothes.

I smiled at him to ease the tension. "Come on in! It's good to see you!"

He walked in, closing the door behind him. He looked puzzled, as if somebody had just died.

"Draken's gonna die," he said.

"Excuse me?"

"Or at least he was supposed to. I changed that by ending the conflict between him and Mikey, but just as a precaution, I want to follow him, and I'll need you to help. I'll be with him and Hina at the festival today. I think Emma's going to be coming along too."

My heart stopped at Emma's name. I haven't seen Emma since the funeral. Me and her were never close, but I know how much she loves her brothers.

"Uh,[YN]?"

I snapped back to reality and smiled again. "Baji and I will be there too. I would like to enjoy some time off, so we will be elsewhere. But if anything happens, call me, and I'll run over there."

"Alright, thank you," he said, leaving the room.

Baji and I walked the streets with his arm around my shoulder and his other hand in his pocket. This is the first time we've gone out in public like this. Everybody stared at us, wondering how this kid has such a hottie under him.

"What do you wanna do first?" he asked me.

"Hmm," I said, looking around.

As I looked around, my eyes met Mitsuya's. We stared at each other for a few seconds before he started to walk away into the crowd of people. I felt bad, but at the same time, he didn't try as hard to be with me. Baji literally fought anybody who simply looked at me. Mitsuya was a sweetheart though. I couldn't expect that much from him. It would be unfair.

"You okay?" Baji asked.

"Yea, sorry. I thought I saw someone," I whispered. I pulled myself out of my thoughts completely and smiled, looking up at him. "I want that!" I said, pointing to the big stuffed bear at one of the tents.

We were about to run over there when we were stopped. "Look what we've got here," the tall man said.

"Looks like Toman scum," the other said.