" Huh?" She came to senses " Umm.. Hospital. Which hospital is he in ?" She tried  to compose herself a little but her shivering hands trying to find her car key gave away everything .

" Come . I'll drive you "

*******

" Luckily there's no permanent brain damage . Owing to how severe the injury  is on the hands and especially the head , anything could have happened. " The doctor explained and all she could hear from his explanation was that pratik was going to be fine .

" But we will have to do a surgery " The doctor paused and looked at her seriously. She got alarmed

" Surgery ? But for what ? Didn't you say there was no damage  " She bombarded him with questions

" His hands are fractured , which doesn't need a surgery we'll get a plaster. But the head injury , there's a deep hole in his forehead " Teja shut her eyes tightly listening to the doctor. Just even hearing about the injury pained her .

" we'll have to do a surgery to fill the hole and treat the little bones connected to it that got fractured "
The doctor explained

" But this will be a complicated case so the chances of survival are very less " He hesistated a little

" What do you mean chances are little ? If you are suggesting a surgery , he should be perfectly fine after that. That is your work "Her voice raised a bit and people in the lobby looked at them 

" Ma'am that's not in our hands . We'll try our best "

" Do you realise you saying you'll try your best does nothing to assure us. You assholes lie to us .  I am telling you doctor if i don't see my brother alive after the surgery , Just pray for your life and carreer " she threatened in a malicious tone

" you can't threaten us Ma'am . As i said we will try our best . " He gave her a look little intimidated by the woman in front of him .

" I mean what i said . If you don't know i am a lawyer , one case and your career will end . Agar mere bhai ko kuch hua toh aapke liye achha nahi hoga " Her tone hard , and face emotionless. The docotr got a bit scared and looked away .

" I'll take your leave " He stuttered and left . Teja looked on as the doctor left and turned to the hospital room's window. She looked at the lifeless figure of Pratik lying .

Seeing him lie like that strengthened a fear that was deep hidden all these years . Fear of losing people. Everyone she had loved , left her . The only person constant till now was pratik . She would die the day he leaves her too. The side of her eyes prickled with water but she immediately dabbed her eyes trying to not let the tears come out .

She knew this wasn't an accident . The threat ,  attack on the security room , and suddey Pra's accident when he was a skilled driver all made sense to her .

She took out her phone and dialled a number ." Hello . I need you here " She said as soon as the person picked up the call. she cut the call after nodding at something the  receiver said .

" Here " A cup of coffee came in front of her eyes and she looked to see rohit .
" You drink . i don't want to " She refused and sat on one of the benches her eyes forrowed .