1

NOTES: Hi everyone! This is the first time I published one of my stories and I'm kinda nervous lol. English is not my first language so excuse me for any mistakes <3

Max knew getting attached to someone he met online was stupid. It was the first thing Victoria had said to him when he told her about talking to someone he'd met on Instagram.

But it was the best thing that happened to him. Ever since Daniel sent him that following request they had been talking nonstop. Max was confused when he saw the request at first though.

He was tired back then, sitting in the train going back home from a long day at college. His eyes caught the notification on his lock screen almost instantly. Of course he'd never heard of the name 'Daniel Ricciardo', but he was very curious.

Max was glad to find out Daniel had a public account. His eyes widened when he saw the man. The curls, the eyes and his body. Max was sure he fell in love with Daniel instantly.

Daniel was the one who had sent him a message that day and ever since then they have been talking. Max always texted Daniel when he had some time between his classes and Daniel always replied.

What surprised Max the most is that after two months of calling and texting until the Aussie fell asleep, Daniel had asked him to be his boyfriend. Max was flabbergasted, someone liked him! Someone wanted him to be his boyfriend.

It was hard to believe sometimes, but he really had a boyfriend now. The only negative thing was that Daniel lived on the other side of the world.

Max came back from college too late for his liking. The train got delayed so he was stuck at the station for more than an hour, but luckily Daniel was online to text.

He quickly made his way through the house because he was not in the mood to see his father right now. Max dropped his backpack on the floor, kicked off his shoes and let himself fall on the bed. It was almost six by now so with a little bit of luck Daniel wouldn't be sleeping yet.

Max unlocked his phone and searched through his contacts. He quickly found Daniel's name and clicked on the FaceTime button, waiting nervously for Daniel's answer.

It would be midnight in Perth by now. Daniel could be sleeping, but knowing Daniel he was still awake, waiting for their late night call.

Max's lips curved into a smile when Daniel's face appeared on his screen. He was looking soft, wearing a light blue hoodie with a white t-shirt beneath it and his curls being a total mess.

"Hi Maxy." Daniel greeted, waving his hand shortly. "How are you?" He asked while laying down against his pillow.

Max giggled. "Hey Dan. I'm great." He replied, putting his phone down on the headboard of his bed. Max sat down in front of the phone, rubbing his eyes. "I'm so glad you're awake."

"I'm always awake for you baby. You know that." Daniel replied, a smile on his lips even though he was obviously tired. "How was college?"

"Exhausting." Max sighed, pulling his knees up to his body and leaning his head on top of it. "It was a long day... not many interesting things to say about it." He added.

"Did something happen with... your dad?" The Aussie was careful with saying the last two words. He knew how unhealthy Max's relationship was with his father and didn't want to hurt his boyfriend with his words.

Max shook his head. "Not today. I refused to speak to anyone. I immediately ran upstairs when I arrived home." He thought for a moment. Max found it easy to keep things for himself but it wasn't like that with Daniel. "Yesterday was different though..." He almost whispered.

Daniel got alert and sat up more straight. "Maxy, can you tell me what happened?" He asked in a soft tone.

Max glared at the wall next to him. He hated to speak about situations with his father. He'd rather just suck it up and forget about it. Max knew that wasn't an option because he couldn't just forget it.

Whenever something happened with his dad it would haunt him for days. The situations were even worse before but when he got into college his dad was a little easier on him.

His dad wanted him to get a future just like his one. He wanted Max to be like him; own a company and be rich. Max wasn't sure if that was what he wanted but he didn't had a choice anyway.

"He was being hard on me as always." Max shrugged his shoulders while his eyes found their way back to the screen. "He told me how much of a disappointment I am and how badly I've been doing in school." He explained.

"Max..." Daniel breathed out. "I'm so sorry you had to hear that. You don't believe him, right? You're perfect. You deserve so much better than that."

Max's smile was small, but it was still there. He would never get tired of Daniel praising him. His heart beat a little faster every time Daniel told him how amazing he was. 

"Maybe you don't believe me, or you feel like I don't mean it but Max... you really are the best." Daniel struggled with saying the right words. "I hate seeing you like this. Stop doubting yourself Maxy."

His smile got bigger now. "I believe you Dan... I do." He stuttered a little. "I know you mean all those words, but... I just wish you were here right now." He admitted.

They had never talked about meeting each other. Max found it very comfortable to talk to Daniel through the phone but sometimes he really needed the physical comfort.

"I know. I wish I was there to hold your hand and tell you everything I just said to you in person." Daniel agreed, smiling sadly.

"It'll happen one day." Max said. It really was more to comfort himself. He had to convince himself Daniel would be there one day to cuddle with every day.

"It will." Daniel hummed.

Max grinned at his boyfriend who was clearly absolutely knackered. "Goodnight Dan."

Daniel smiled. "Goodnight Maxy."