7

When I walked into the school the next morning, I honestly expected the worst. How did Dan ever plan on making me forgive him? It's impossible really because the only reason he wants me to forgive him is so that he can continue his plan of making me fall for him. I would be stupid to fall for it.

I was thoroughly surprised when I walked into Mrs. Maron's class to see Dan already there. Only a couple of students had even arrived yet as I happened to be extremely early. I was even more surprised to see curly hair, glasses, and a pac-man t-shirt on the guy standing there. It almost didn't seem like Dan Howell. "Good morning, Aliah," he greeted with a small smirk as a I continued to give him a confused look. "Uh... You too?" I replied hesitantly. I put my stuff down in my usual seat before beginning to walk over to Mrs. Maron's desk. Sadly, Dan stopped me before I could get there. "This is part of it," he whispered before letting me go. As soon as I realized what he meant, I shook my head.

-

My day went through uneventfully like it always did. It was always boring at school until we got back to Mrs. Maron's for free period. We were always doing something fun in there, but today it seemed that fun wasn't going to happen. Phil was tutoring someone for his summer program requirements. Mrs. Maron said that she would be back next period, so she wasn't going to be there for a while. I stayed as far away from Dan as I could.

You won't even get near me.

Don't text me.

Do you even notice that I'm trying? That's hard for me because I've never actually tried.

I said don't text me.

Fine.

That was the last text I got from him before he got up from where he was sitting across the room and walked toward me. I groaned as he pulled out the chair beside me. "You didn't say I couldn't talk to you," he said as he sat down. I sighed and tried to turn the chair around, but he grabbed the arm of the chair before I could.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'll reply," I muttered, crossing my arms. "I'll take that," he said, taking his hand away from the chair and leaning back in his chair. I rolled my eyes, scoffing.

"Okay, just listen. You should know that I'm trying," he said. I told him that I wouldn't reply, but something seemed to flash in me, releasing some held in anger.

"Trying what? Trying to prove that you're a real idiot? Because yeah, that's working," I said a little too loud, bringing Phil and the other person's attention to us. "Sorry," I mumbled to them. Dan sighed.

"No, I'm proving that there is another side to me. I wasn't using you. Look, I'll stop faking my life for popularity, if that's what you want," he whispered. I rolled my eyes. I got up, grabbing my bag. "Have fun with that," I mumbled, walking out of the classroom.

-

I went to the library where I killed time by looking through the mass amounts of books. Dan was completely out of my mind until he texted me.

Where'd you go?

None of your business.

No, but it is Mrs. Maron's and she wanted me to ask you.

She should have gotten Phil to text me.

Fine, I'll tell her that.

I sighed and continued looking at books until I got another text, this time from Phil.

I've been told to ask you where you are.

Just to be sure, who asked you to?

Mrs. Maron.

Okay, library.

Come back, I'm bored and I'm done tutoring.

Fine, but only for you.

I already had my bag upon my back so I began to walk out of the library and down the corridor, toward Mrs. Maron's class. I got there and saw Phil, tapping his pencil on the desk. A bored look was spread across his face.

"Glad you could join us, Aliah," Mrs. Maron joked. I nodded, not replying or making any response as I saw Dan's eyes meet mine. "Wow, look who's here," Phil said, perking up. The bored look instantly went away and I smiled at him.

"Yeah, but I'm always here. You shouldn't be so surprised," I said, smirking as I put my bag down on the desk. I pulled my phone from it, going over to grab the chair that was beside Dan and pulling it to be in front of Mrs. Maron's desk.

"You've got a point there," Phil said, nodding. I noticed Dan watching me as I sat down and I looked at the desk, trying to look anywhere but at him. I bit my lip, spacing out into my thoughts. My attention was only brought back when a paper ball hit my face and I heard, "Earth to Aliah," the 'ah' in my name being stretched out. I looked at Phil who was the culprit of the crumpled paper ball hitting me in the nose.

"You okay there?" Mrs. Maron asked, laughing a bit under her breath. I nodded, quickly replying, "yeah, yeah. I just have a few things on my mind."

"Is one of them your requirements for the summer program?" Phil asked with a bit of a smirk. "Phil's got a point. You still need to tutor one more person," Mrs. Marin pointed out. I scrunched up my nose, just silently hoping for Dan to not speak up. Of course, despite my hoping and wishing, Dan spoke up with "you could still tutor me." I internally groaned, screamed, cried, as well as anything else that signified how much I both did not want that response to happen and did not want to answer anything. I kind of felt like curling up in a ball and never speaking again. My silence was going on too long though and I had to say something before they started questioning me.

"Yeah, no thanks," I responded, leaning back in the chair and biting the inside of my lip. I crossed my arms over my chest, refusing to look at Dan even though my mind kept telling me to. "Oh, come on," I heard Dan groan out.

"Aliah, you need one more person and I can't guarantee that I could find you anyone else," Mrs. Maron said to me. I glanced at Dan and sighed, hesitantly mumbling under my breath, "Fine." I saw Dan smile out of the corner of my eye.

A/N:
It has literally been a year. I'm so sorry.
I suddenly had the urge to write this and here it is. I actually really like this story so I hope I can work myself up to writing and updating this story more. Honestly, this story is doing so well. I'm so surprised. It only has 6k reads, but it also only has 6 parts, so that's a lot! I'm glad you guys like this story! I'll try to have more updates soon! Thank you all for reading! I love you all!
xx Megan