Remote Connection

When Spider-Man got home and changed back to Peter Parker, there was something he remembered from Batman. The data drive that Batman gave him, the thing that had information that was for his own eyes only. He checked in, Selina was asleep. His stomach growled so Peter got himself an ice cream sandwich from the freezer before sitting down at his computer to start with the drive. Plugging everything in, he was told by his system to set a passcode. He could only instinctually think of a single day. The day that changed everything, 05*03*2002. The day his family died for no reason at all.

When he entered the new passcode, the system in the drive also asked for a biometric fingerprint. Peter Parker provided the fingerprint to confirm and activate the drive and it's contents. The screen went black and then came to life with a bat symbol in the center of it. The bat symbol moved to the side and began scrolling with a variety of files. Programs with different names and functions on them. On top of the screen with a set of blue text Bat-Computer Remote Gateway

"Whoa. This thing has remote access to that giant computer in the Batcave. Incredible," Peter said to himself as he scrolled through some of the files in the computer database. Sorting through the entire system and reading through specific files that caught his interests.

"This should prove useful for future connecting," Peter muttered to himself. It was then that a green head popped up on his screen.

"Good evening, Spider-Man," the head said with a voice that obviously conveyed that it was a person speaking through a program. The sudden burst of sound and light surprised Peter out of his chair.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," the head apologized.

"Well for not meaning to scare me. You scared the living hell out of me," Peter joked as he say back in the chair.

"I'm Oracle. For lack of a better term, I'm the Batcomputer next to the Batcomputer," Oracle explained to me.

"So Oracle. I assume that you help Batman tap into different systems in real time?" Peter asked Oracle. As he was discussing with her, there was different screens of code and data cropping up around the head of Oracle's avatar.

"You catch on quick. Yes, while the Batcomputer has the power to access practically any system that has a security protocol. I'm the one who basically tells the Batcomputer what to hack and where Batman needs to get access to," Oracle explained.

"Intriguing. So with this ability to tell the most powerful supercomputer in the world what to hack and where to hack into, can you see anything on my computer?" Peter asked.

"Nope. This drive you've been given basically acts like a Virtual Machine that acts as a seperate Batcomputer that can access the main Batcomputer. In the event that someone compromised the main computer, this drive could be used to take the cave back," Oracle explained.

"Ah. So this drive basically injects the Batcomputer's security protocols into my computer and puts the VM on top of it. Cool," Peter said as he tapped into his own apartment's Wi-Fi network. Following different trails until he accessed the building's security system to view the security camera feeds around the apartment complex.

"You really do catch on quick. That apartment security system was-"

"Established in the 80s, the security cameras aren't very good at being secure and the connections to the Wi-Fi were made last month because the landlady was getting complaints from the other tenants that they didn't feel safe coming home," Peter quickly rattled off.

"You've cased this place for the details about it's security?" Oracle asked in confusion.

"I've cased everywhere I go to on a semi-daily basks. Potential entrance points, exit points, blind spots in cameras, where potential patrol routes can be set. I'm usually the one they ask in the station when they need to set up a security detail at an important event. It's a habit my sister helped me develop," Peter explained.

"Right. Do you know what your sister does for a hobby?" Oracle asked me.

"Of course I do. I designed the goggles she uses to see through walls. Advanced Forensic Scanners that can pickup heat signatures in a room. Or temperature anomalies, like cold hard steel safes behind room temperature paintings," Peter explained briefly.

"Wow, you do know. And you're okay with it?" Oracle asked.

"Yep. It's how we survived for so long before we got an apartment. Nowadays, while having fences willing to buy gems off of us is nice. We mainly deal in the selling of information. A form of data brokering," He explained further.

"I feel like Batman made a mistake giving you that now," Oracle said with a tone of worrying.

"No don't worry. Selina and I are all about selling data from people that make a real impact. Politicians, billionaires, the sort of buzz words that make People Magazines real happy," Peter explained.

"So how does it work then? The operations? The sales?" Oracle asked.

"I'm not telling you that. That'll be something for the world's greatest detective to figure out," Peter joked.

"Worth a shot," Oracle joked.

"Ready to join the chase then, Spider-Man?" Oracle asked.

"Yep. Now mind letting me go so I can work on some things?" Peter asked.

"Go ahead. Just ring if you need help," Oracle said as the head vanished. From there, Peter considered what Ghost-Maker told him. Networking is a tool for the rich to get richer...and a damn good one for vigilantes to skirt around the law.

"Networking...might need to work with that. For now though," Peter said as he accessed a unique file on the Batcomputer. Something called the Cryptographic Sequencer, a device Batman used to utilize to actually crack into what would be extremely secured encrypted networks. He upgraded this sequencing device into a remote device that can break down a huge amount of firewalls. A concealed carry version of the Batcomputer's hacking protocols, potentially able to give Batman remote control over vulnerable technologies. Peter Parker found the blueprints for this sort of device, and he looked at the drawers full of miscellaneous scrap technology that he had.

"Well well...I might be able to do something with this sort of diagram. If Batman has this sort of tech, then I think it's only fair to have something like that in my corner too," Peter said as he started grabbing and disassembling old smartphones that had long burned sim cards. Along with systematically tearing apart data drives from old sales that had their data cleared for years.

And now, the Spider Nest device is in it's infancy.