22 and it's 2am and i'm cursing your name

Start from the beginning

when you walked inside your dorm, you found scaramouche in the living room, watching tv and holding popcorn. after closing the door, you let out a sigh.

you walked up to him and plopped down next to him on the couch. "you shouldn't have left me with heizou and venti because they won't stop squabbling," you spoke as you took a handful of popcorn from the bowl.

scara shrugged accordingly, "how're the arrangements going?" he moved the subject, while y/n put her focus on the tv, seeing how he was watching season 2 of umbrella academy on netflix.

he remained undisturbed and seemed to enjoy the sight of the young kid slaying the individuals in the room, while the h/c-haired girl winced.

"we're almost there, about 80% done, but we'll definitely complete before halloween," you said as you munched on popcorn and Scara sipped from his cola drink can.

the boy answered with a hum, trailed by one more moment of silence. you got out of the couch and went to the kitchen to fetch some chocolate from the refrigerator.

scaramouche spoke out just as you opened the refrigerator and retrieved the chocolate. "are you free tomorrow?" he inquired. "i was scheduled to go to a carnival with my siblings but they abruptly ditched me."

'he has siblings?'

when he asked that question, you almost dropped the chocolate in surprise. "yes, i am," you answered as you cleared your throat and shut the refrigerator, "they offered us a free day for tomorrow."

"then, at that point, would you want to go with me tomorrow? you're not obligated to, and it's a hangout, not a date-" he started speaking quickly, as he had never asked anybody out before, especially a female.

"i know, but certainly,i'll accompany you."

your lips slightly ajar as your gaze rested on a tteokbokki on the kitchen counter. you inquired, "where did you obtain tteokbokki?"

"i requested some after you let me know that you pined for some." scaramouche gruffly answered and right away, you surged up behind him and folded your arms over his neck.

"thank you!" you cried, garnering a groan from the boy. "we can share if you like!" you offered. "hey, you're about to strangle me! get off!"

after that, you returned to the kitchen counter and grabbed the meal, as well as a fork, before returning to the living room.

you sat down next to him and opened the tteokbokki. scara's gaze then went to you, as he observed you stab the meal with your fork and take a bite.

"it tastes so good, here have a bite."

you shoved the food in his face, and he sighed before obeying and taking the remaining bite.

scaramouche chewed on the rice cake, allowing the spiciness to melt in his mouth. "it tastes okay," he replied with a hum.

"okay? then is it one of your favorites as well?"

"not quite," scaramouche blinked again, before continuing, "give me more."

you took a taste of your own and handed the fork to him, chuckling. scara snatched the fork from your grip and joined you in your meal.

while the two were eating tteokbokki together, scaramouche completely forgot about the show and opted to spend his time with the girl instead.

"i need water right now..." you groaned, knowing that your spice tolerance was barely average, which was a shame because you love spicy cuisine.

the indigo-haired boy got off the couch and went to get some water for you and for himself.

he returned with the cups of water in both hands shortly. then his eyes caught sight of you sleeping on the couch, as well as the tteokbokki on the coffee table.

your roommate sighed as he set the glass on the table and went to the bedroom to fetch a blanket for you, knowing that you were already comfortable in your spot and that he didn't have to carry you back to your bed.

when he returned to y/n's figure, he draped a blanket over her and began cleaning the coffee table, leaving a glass of water for you to drink when you awoke.

he did, however, catch himself glancing at her once again. as she slept soundly, a tiny smile formed on his lips. scara shook his head and returned his attention to his task.

"you must stay focused." he mumbled to himself, oblivious to the scarlet tint growing at the tips of his ears.

END OF CHAPTER 22 !

⟶ chapter written; april 19 2022

chapter written; april 19 2022

if you have any questions concerning the story, please do not hesitate to ask me! and i'll respond :)) thank you everybody for nearly 95k readings on host club! everyone have a wonderful day <3