d.p - hopelessly in love

are you fallin in love

the e/c eyed girl slowly made her way onto the ice rink with her clad in her chicago jersey, she noticed the other new players for team u

the e/c eyed girl slowly made her way onto the ice rink with her clad in her chicago jersey, she noticed the other new players for team u.s.a watching her. she made her way over before taking off her helmet, she gave them a soft smile. "hi i am y/n l/n from chicago." they skated towards her.

"hi i am julie gaffney, i am so glad i am not the only girl!" the blonde girl spoke with a wide smile on her face, "i am ken wu." the short asian male introduced, y/n smiled at him he was very cute. "howdy i am dwayne robertson."

"luis mendoza." the hispanic male nodded his head at her, she nodded as the last male pushed them out of the way, "and leaving the best for last, dean portman how are you doing babe?" she laughed slightly flustered by his words.

"fine?" he grinned at her throwing an arm around her shoulder and leading her over to the side of the rink. "stick with me princess, i will protect you." y/n scoffed pushing his arm off, "i am not a baby."

dean smirked at her, "no but you'll be mine." her cheeks reddened as he stared down into her eyes, "i came to play hockey and make friends, not get a boyfriend so good luck with that."

"and good luck trying not to fall for me." she rolled her eyes a she noticed the ducks and their new coach enter the rink. y/n quickly went over to julie, leaving behind a smirking dean. "he so likes you." julie teased y/n who laughed, "who dean? i think he's just teasing."

"i don't know he's kind of a jerk but once you walked in he's been smiling like a goof." julie pointed out, y/n looked back at dean who wore a small grin on his face. "nah, no way." she denied before skating over to dwayne as the ducks came in.

she noticed them staring at her, she grinned slightly sending them a small wave as mr. tibbles introduced them. she skated around with dwayne, the pair both laughing as dwayne came over and shoved everyone down. y/n stared at him with an annoyed look.

"stop being mean." dean stared at her with soft eyes until a duck pushed him back, he immediately started arguing with him. y/n scoffed when some bumped into her, she fell on her butt. "ow-."

"who the hell dropped her?!" dean shouted angrily staring at all the ducks accusingly as he picked her up gently. "sure you didn't?" a duck challenged, "of course i didn't!" mr. bombay shoved everyone apart, dean still holding onto y/n like his life depended on it.

that's how dean and y/n began. he never strayed too far from her, where y/n was dean was at most 5 ft away. no one messed with her because if you did, dean would throw a stink about it. she didn't really care for him to much, not in sense that she didn't worry but she didn't care he followed.

connie and julie always told her that dean was smitten over her but she always ignored it. saying he was just being nice and protective. but he really was head over heels for her.

"come on, one date." dean asked for the millionth time as y/n sat in front of him during their lessons. "fine." he gasped in surprise as adam and guy looked over surprised by her answer. "really?"

she looked at her notes, "no." he let out a whine as she continued to write down her notes, "you can't do that to a guy! just date me." miss. mckay dismissed the class for the day, y/n looked back at dean, who was still staring her way. "i will have to respectfully decline." he sighed laying his head on his desk.

"what will it take for you to go out with me?" y/n stared at him with a small frown, "what will it take for you to give up on me?" dean looked up to meet her eyes, he stood up gently looking down at her, "and let you get away? i don't think so."

dean took his chance placing a small kiss on her lips, she squealed slightly from surprise. the blush on her cheeks got even redder as he brushed her stray hairs behind her ear. "i-i um why do you like me so much?"

"ever since you walked into the rink, all i wanted was to be your boyfriend. to be able to hold you close and hold your hand. you seemed tough but soft. you can handle yourself and I like that but i wanna protect you too. i think it was your eyes.. or your smile."

dean stared for a moment longer before he went to leave when she pulled him back, "i've never- i've never had a boyfriend before or my first kiss or anything well now i did kind of? but i don't really know what to do or say but i like you- no no i think i love you i mean maybe i do an-."

he cut her off with a small laugh before swooping down and pressing his lips to hers again. "i am not going to force you into anything princess but if you would please let me take you on a date, that would be appreciated." she shyly nodded her head.

his heart beat fast in his chest, for the first time since he'd known her, she let her guard down. she acted tough but he saw through her. she was soft and kind, she cared more than anyone he'd ever known. and he adored her for it.

dean gently took her hand in his and they excited their small classroom, she latched onto his arm with a small blush on her face. "no way." the pair looked over at the ducks who were stilling waiting for the team bus to come get them. "did she finally say yes?!"

fulton shouted excitedly as he ran over to dean, the two boys began to excitedly talk while y/n was questioned by the other ducks. dean noticed her flustered state and gently pulled her back to his side

"yes, we're together now. got a problem take it up with me, you got it?!" the ducks all turned their heads away, guy and charlie bumping into each other. "you love her." luis teased the taller male.

"so what? i have a girlfriend, you don't." luis rolled his eyes as the ducks began to laugh, y/n grinned up at dean who winked at her. "i didn't think you'd ever say yes." connie teased her friend, who shrugged her shoulders, "me either but the man has a way with words."

dean smiled proudly hearing her words, "yeah, i do." he wrapped his arm around her shoulder loosely as the bus pulled up. the staff directed them onto the bus, dean sitting beside y/n as he usually did. only this time she didn't push his hand away.

she fell asleep as she usually did whenever they were in a moving vehicle. dean stared at their linked fingers with a cheesy grin on his face. he was almost 1000% sure that he was in love with the girl.

he never felt that way for another person, he's had girlfriends but no once ever had him smitten off his feet. well maybe except fulton.

—————