Chapter 2

*6 months later*

My mom and dad never made it out of that hospital. My dad's last words to me were, "I love you, take care of your mother and Chris."

Unfortunatly my mother died later. The craziness sent her heart rate way up, and it completely stopped. She didn't die from the bullet. She died from a heart attack.

My mom was amazing. All she did was help.

Right now, i was sitting in the diner I worked in, waiting for people to walk through the door. Soon, though, someone did.

"Hi! Welcome to the- Renee?" I siad, staring at the teenaged red head. "Jamie!" Renee said, smiling. She gave me a one armed and laughed at my shocked expression.

"So, Jamie! How has life been with your annoying little brother?" Renee said, winking at me. I could teel she was joking, but my instincts kicked in.

"Wait just a second. What are you talking about annoying-"

"sweety, calm down. I was joking. I know you have a lot on your mind, but calm down." She said, moving her hands for emphasis.

"Okay, I guess. So, hows the boyfriend?" I asked, putting my hands on the desk.

"Ethan's good. A week ago, he bought me chocolates, flowers, candles, and smelly lotions, so he's still as sweet as ever." She said, winking at me, making me laugh.

Ethan is what you classify as a "jock" He's handsome, has a great personality, he is extremely athletic, (Captain of the football and basketball team,) and has the head cheerleader as his girlfriend. He's also extremely smart, and probably one of the nicest people I had ever met.

"Thats good!" I said, smiling to the blonde. At that moment, Ethan walked in. With his brunette hair and green eyes, he was the boy that girl wanted to have, and the boys want to be. "Hey Ethan!" I said, smiling at him.

"Hey Jamie." He said, giving me a quick wave. "I didn't know you worked here?" he asked, with a confused expression on his face.

"Yeah. I started about 2 months ago, after I got fired from the Coffee Shop, down the street." I said, pointing in the direction of the coffe shop. "Man do I miss that job... Free coffee and pastries? I think yes." I asaid, chuckling. They both chuckled to, and Ethan wrapped his muscluar arm around Renee's small waist, and she placed her hand on his.

"So... do you guys want to go to your table?" I asked, ducking behind the podium for a second to grab the menus. "Sure." Renee and Ethan said, and i pulled out the sheet with the tables that are taken. I noticed table 3 was open.

I went up, and Renee and Ethan walked to my side. They held hands, and I couldn't say how cute they were. I walked down the hall andtapped my friend, Sadies, shoulder, indicating to go over to the front entrance. SAhe nodded and began to walk over.

I walked to table three, and motioned for them to sit.

"So, what do you guys want to drink?" I asked, pulling the pen from behind my ear and the notebook from my pocket.

"Iced tea and coke." Ethan answered for both of them. I nodded and scribbled the order down. I walked back to the kitchen, and my back was suddenly pinned to the wall.

"Hey beautiful." Austin said, and I pushed from me, laughing.

"Hey Austin" I said, grabbing my dropped notepad from the floor. He grabbed the sheet from my hand, and grabbed 2 plastic glasses from the cabinet, and I grabbed a tray from the table in the corner, and I walked to the soda machine. I grabbed the two glasses from Austin, and filled one with coke.