Chapter 144 - Lena Wakes

Start from the beginning

"Well..... I actually didn't tell her..... I spent the money..... and things moved on..... But after I went off to college...... Kara and I talked a lot.... because she was finding it difficult with me not being there..... and I started to feel guilty about stealing the money from her..... So..... I came home at Christmas.... and I told Kara what I'd done..... But she told me that she already knew about it.... as she had seen that the contest winner would get $200.... But she just didn't care....... because she assumed that whatever I needed the money for must have been important." Alex says.

"Wow..... that's really incredible of you, Kara." Sam says, looking at the blonde with a smile.

Kara smiles at Sam, before turning back to Alex.

"But tell her what you actually spent your $100 on." Kara says.

"No.... please.... Why can't we leave it there?" Alex grumbles.

"Tell her." Kara says.

"Yeah, tell me." Sam adds, with a smirk of her own.

"Fine." Alex huffs again, "After I got the $100, I sort of got a thrill of it.... and as I was 18, and we lived in a place where the legal gambling age was 18, I thought that I could turn my $100 into even more money by buying a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets. I of course then won nothing, so lost it all."

Sam chuckles after hearing that.

"That sounds like karma to me." Sam smirks.

"Yeah." Kara smiles.

Sam continues to laugh for a little while, now with a big smile on her face.

"So, did you ever tell Eliza?" Sam asks.

"No. Kara never ratted me out or anything. Eliza would have been really angry at me." Alex says, before then turning to look at Kara again, "You really are a great sister, you know that?"

"I had a great example." Kara says, smiling back at Alex.

The two sisters look at one another for a few moments, before then deciding to take each other in for a hug.

"You know..... I really like hearing stories like that from you two when you were growing up.... From someone who didn't have any siblings.... it's nice to hear..." Sam says, with a smile.

"Yeah.... I guess it is...." Alex smiles, now looking at Sam.

The three women then fall silent, now with smiles on their faces, having forgotten what has currently been going on while they talked about Alex and Kara's past.

"Anyway...... I saw that Lena is still asleep..." Sam says, hating that she has to redirect the conversation back to the current situation.

"Yeah..." Kara says, sadly, "She has been like that for the entire night. J'onn did say that he thinks it's possible that she will just stay like that for a little while longer. But he also did say that he should be coming over again before she wakes, so hopefully he can come check her, or even wake her up if needed.............. I'm just worried...."

"You're worried about what will happen.... What Lena's reaction will be when she wakes...." Alex says, looking at her sister with some worry on her face.

"Yeah." Kara nods, "The way Lena laughed so consistently, and constantly, last night..... It was really scary.... I hated it..... I don't want Lena to wake and for that to happen again...."

"Well...... all we can do now is just wait......" Sam says, "And until then, Alex and I need breakfast, and I'm sure Alura and Ruby will need some too when they wake up."