Chapter 144 - Lena Wakes

Start from the beginning

"Not really." Kara replies.

"I guess I'll just have to stay like this for a while then." Alex says, stretching herself out, making a show of the fact that she's comfortable.

"Whatever." Kara mutters.

Sam now takes a seat on the other couch, having watched both Kara and Alex interact, with a smirk on her face.

"Did you make pancakes?" Sam asks, after sniffing slightly.

"Uhhh.... yeah.... But that was at like.... 6:30...... I did originally intend to make some for everyone..... But you all slept so long that I ate them all." Kara explains.

Alex chuckles.

"And how many pancakes did you eat exactly?" Alex asks.

"Uhhh.... I don't know.... maybe like..... 50...." Kara replies, awkwardly.

"God.... Kara..." Sam says, "You are so lucky you're Kryptonian...."

"Yeah. You can imagine how I felt growing up with her. I was just like most other teenage girls, being all self-conscious about my body, and body image, and having to be careful what I ate. But then this one here, she could eat whatever she wanted, and still be all thin and have muscles and a six pack and whatever." Alex says.

"That didn't stop you from taking advantage of my ability to eat!" Kara huffs.

Sam now grows a confused expression on her face, while Alex grows an awkward look on her own face.

"What is she talking about, Alex?" Sam asks.

"Uhhh... nothing..." Alex lies.

"Ohh.... you just lied to your girlfriend. Smooth." Kara smirks.

Alex slaps Kara's side at her sister saying that.

"Alex, what was Kara talking about?" Sam now asks, with a bit of an unamused look on her face, "If you don't answer, I'm sure Kara will?"

"Yeah, I will." Kara says, with a smirk.

"Okay. Fine!" Alex huffs, and then turns to look at Sam, "So.... there was like a fare..... in Midvale.... and it had all sorts of stupid things.... like normal fares or carnivals do...... And anyway..... at the time I was 18...... just about to leave for college once the summer was up...... and I then found out that there was a eating contest at the fare.... and...... that the winner would get a $200 prize...... I knew Kara could do it..... because it was just a spicy chicken eating contest.... and spice doesn't affect Kara like it does us.... So, I knew she could handle more food than anyone, and deal with any amount of spice......" Alex explains.

"Yeah.... Okay.... that sounds pretty standard." Sam nods.

"Anyway..... I told Kara about it..... and explained the rules..... It wasn't just who could eat the most..... There were points for eating the most and that was weighed against how spicy the chicken was. So, the spiciest chicken wing, or whatever, was like 5 points, and the least spicy was 1 point." Alex says, "Kara entered and she won. However, I was the one that signed her up, as Kara couldn't do it herself as she wasn't 18, and it was a contest that had cash winnings, so I received the prize money........ and I told Kara that the prize was only $100......."

"Alex! Did you seriously cheat your sister out of $100?" Sam says, surprised.

"Yeah.... Well, I thought I should have got half because I was the one that helped Kara enter the contest!" Alex replies, with a bit of a pout.

"So, what happened when Kara obviously eventually found out?" Sam asks.

Alex now turns to look at Kara, and smiles at her, before then turning back to Sam.