Chapter 27: Find her

TOBYS POV
I stare there looking at the screen. The love of my life in so much pain. I can't bare to watch. When the screen goes black so much anger builds up inside of me.
"When we find this bastard I'm gonna frickin kill him." I say pissed off.
"Toby relax we will find her don't worry." Walter says scanning the video. He watches the video multiple times. I look over at Meghan, every time he replays the video she gets more pale and her eyes get more red. I lean into her and give her a hug.
"What was that for?" She whispers to me.
"I know your scared, but don't be. We have the best team in the business." I whisper to her. She nods and looks at the video. Then she shouts
"Holland!"
"What?" Walter asks.
"Holland, California that's where Happy is his shirt says the Hawks the Holland school mascot and in the background you can see a statue that is right in the beginning of Summer street which is in Holland." She responds. We all look at her in shock.
"And how do you know this stuff?" Slyvester asks.
"My father went there as a kid I saw all of the stuff in photo albums." She responds.
"Ok well what are we going to do to get Happy back?" I ask.
"We need to give them the money and weapons." Walter says.
"It's the only way." We get a briefcase and fill it with 100,000 dollars and the weapons in the garage. We head over to the building in the van. Meghan drives she drives fast like Happy. When we get there Happy is tied up just like she was in the video she is facing us. She has burns, cuts, stab wounds and a black eye. She is in so much pain. A tall, thin women with reddish blondish hair walks out from behind the corner.
"I see you have my money." She says.
"And who are you?" Meghan asks.
"Oh me? Aubrey Stone." She responds.
"That sounds like a detectives name." Meghan tells her.
"Well in this case it's a murders name and if you don't give me my money the the girl gets it. Just like this gentlemen." She says pulling a dead man from behind the corner it is the man from the video. She holds a gun up to Happy's head. Walter walks over to Aubrey to give her the money.
"Faster!" She shouts. She loads the gun and we hear a click, Happy flinches a little and Walter picks up the pace. All of a sudden Aubrey falls to the ground, blood dripping from her head. We look up to see a tall, Hispanic man holding a brick in his hands. We hear a gasp from Meghan and her eyes get big.
"Go quick! I'll take it from here." The man says untiring Happy. I pick her up and carry her to the car I lay her down next to me in the back seat. Her eyes are closed. I shake her a little.
"Don't close your eyes we will be home in 10 minutes." I tell her trying to keep her awake she nods trying not to show the pain she is feeling. I look over at Meghan there are tears running down her cheeks.
"What's wrong?" I ask her.
"That was my dad." She says so quietly I think only I can hear but the whole team seems to hear and turn around towards Meghan. Happy grabs Meghan's hand and squeezes it tightly.
"I'm so sorry Meghan." I tell her.
"Everybody is." She tells me. Meghan looks down at her black shorts, grey and white shirt and black converse, I don't think she wears any other shoes. When we get there I carry Happy into the garage and place her on the couch. She starts to close her eyes.
"No you have to stay awake don't close your eyes." I tell her. Meghan runs over and squeezes her hand very tight to keep her awake. Meghan looks at Happy who gives a dim smile to indicate that she is alright. Meghan is a behaviorist and I know she knows that's not true. I stitch up her stab wounds and wrap them up, I then clean out her cuts and give her some ice for her eye.
"Is the baby ok?" I ask her.
"Yeah he didn't hit me anywhere near my stomach." She responds weakly. I give her two ibuprofen and put a blanket on her, she falls asleep in less then five minutes. I watch her sleep for a while. She is so peaceful and quiet. I know she is going to be ok.