Chapter 6: Saving Imposters Agency

(Lightning's POV)
An hour later, we had arrived at the agency. The helicopter flew towards the helipad, and gently landed. Scarlet and I hopped off, and so did the helicopter crew. I followed Scarlet towards a door leading away from the helipad. The door led us to a short hallway, with an elevator waiting at the end. We walked into the elevator and Scarlet pressed the button with an "L" on it.
The elevator quickly fell, and the doors opened to the main lobby. Scarlet led me through the lobby and down a long corridor. The corridor contained many doors, including some with "SIA Therapy" and "SIA Rehabilitation" written to the side. I was starting to get nervous.
We kept walking, away from the therapy rooms, and towards another hall with offices. Scarlet went into one with her name written on the door. It read, "Scarlet Turbowmeister: Manager and Director of SIA".
We walked into her office, and she sat at her desk. She pointed towards a chair across from her, indicating I should sit. I sat. "Sorry to ask a question right off the bat, but what is this place?" I asked.
Scarlet smiled, "This is the SIA. The Saving Imposters Agency. We specialize in saving innocent "people" from our competitors, which you had been captured by. Our systems found that you had come to the human world, and, since you're a very important car from your world, we are here to make sure you get home safely."
Scarlet paused and smiled again, "But enough questions for now. There's a meeting we have to attend. All your questions will be answered there by the boss."
She stood and opened her office door. I also stood and we walked further down the corridor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finding our way through the agency, we arrived in the Meeting Room. The room was ginormous, with a giant round, wooden table in the middle. Many black, leather chairs were sat around the table and every chair had a name plate. Scarlet went towards the chair with her name, and I was shocked to see that I had a chair with my name on it too.
I sat and continued looking around the room as other people started to arrive. Finally, the meeting began.
A man at the front of the table stood and cleared his throat. "May I have your attention! Before the meeting begins, I'd like to introduce our leader and boss of the Saving Imposters Agency: Mr. Spark. "
A few yards away from the end of the table, two large doors swung open. A tall, skinny man, with a huge smile, stood in the front of a large line of men in business suits. He wore a pair of black framed glasses and his black hair was slicked back. He wore a business suit and a blue tie. His shoes were perfectly polished and he held a small, brown briefcase in his right hand.
"Hello fellow members of the SIA.....and guest" he said, looking towards me.
He set the briefcase on the table and started to pace around the room.
"Mr. McQueen, I'm sure you have several questions, and they will all be answered right here, right now."
I sat up a little straighter, "Um...okay."
"So....first question?" he asked.
"Oh...um...well, I'm kind of confused about these two agencies. What's this all about?" I asked.
"Good question," he said," Our agency is the Saving Imposters Agency, and our competitor is the Human Imposter Agency. We've been working to stop the HIA from capturing and imprisoning poor, innocent people. It's sort of a competition we have. We're here to stop their nonsense and send the people back to their worlds."
I nodded," Okay, that makes more sense now. Um...how do I get out of here?"
"Well, we first have to wait a few days for your body and organs to adjust. Sending you back now could lead to health risks, and we don't want that. So after a few days we'll do some tests and see if your fit to be sent back home. If you pass, we'll get you home. Simple as that." he explained.
I sighed a sigh of relief. "Okay, good. Um..I also have a friend with me, but we left him back at the HIA, and I was told that we would get him back. Is that still the plan?" I asked looking towards Scarlet.
"Well, if we must, then we will. The agency will hack into the HIA's records and see if we can find your friend. Be warned though, there is a chance we can't save him." Mr. Spark said.
I did a double-take," Wait. What?"
"Listen. When Scarlet took you from the HIA, you were getting ready to be injected with a certain serum. The serum would cause you to not pass the tests we would do to you. That would mean you would never go home. If you can't go home; that means you would stay here. Forever."
"What?! No! Mater! He...we...no!"
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My friend might never get home?
"Now Mr. McQueen calm down. There's still a chance he may not have been injected yet. Some new people coming in may not get their injection for weeks. You, on the other hand, are a very important person, and they knew we would take you to safety. They'll be looking for you, and their first stop is here. Luckily, we have high security 24/7 on the premises, so I wouldn't fret. You'll be home before they even get here."
I slowly nodded my head. "Okay. I guess."
Mr. Spark smiled. "Good. Now, let's wrap this up. Scarlet, I'm putting you in charge of Mr. McQueen here. Could you show him around and get him settled? I'll talk more with him tomorrow."
Scarlet smiled," It would be an honor sir."
She smiled as she helped me out of my seat. Scarlet and I walked back to her office, where she grabbed a key. We left her office and walked down a few more corridors before we came to a door. She unlocked the door and led me inside.
"This is your room for the time being. Servants will bring you meals and necessities when needed." Scarlet explained.
I nodded and smiled. "Um...okay. Thanks Scarlet."
She smiled and did a curtsy before leaving me alone. I will admit, the room was very nice. There was a bed in the middle of a small living area. There was a flat-screen tv across from the bed and there was a wooden dresser in the right corner of the room. There was a small, crystal chandelier hanging over a brown table and four brown chairs around the table. There was also a small kitchen, bathroom and a closet which contained extra pillows and blankets.
I kept glancing around the room, but my thoughts kept wandering to Mater.
"Oh Mater. I sure hope you're okay."