Birth of the Forest 15.

Look, you idiot...I am trying to tell you something important. Your dear mother is not what she seems to be, you must be careful,whispered Kurama in Naruto's mind. Naruto was travelling to Kumogakure with Sasuke in tow. As they breezed through the forests Kurama kept on harping about his mother's supposed duplicity.

He himself had sensed some conflict in his mother's mind, true. But he didn't really believe she was up to anything dangerous or questionable. He did understand that everyone had their dirty laundry, he himself was no exception.

You have more than most! But leaving her own son, however wise and strong to go alone to a nearly hostile nation? Hashirama, were you always this stupid or did you get so when you awoke in this life? Kushina literally pushed you to Kumo while she anointed herself Konoha's liaison to Kiri. Doesn't that say something?Asked the Kyuubi sarcastically. Naruto shook his head, also sensing for the approach of any Kumo ninja.

My mother is not one to be wary of. She obviously has personal business she does not care to share with me and I respect that. But she would not do anything against the Village, Kyuubi! Said Naruto stubbornly.

Your naïveté never ceases to amaze me, said Kurama snorting and retreated deep into the seal. Naruto turned to Sasuke. "How do your eyes feel?" he asked. He was not sure how much he had healed Sasuke, really. The fact was that the curse mark and the Mangekyo Sharingan had never existed in the same body before and even he could not predict accurately what effect it would have upon the victim.

Sasuke did not reply for a minute, and Naruto felt in him boiling emotions. Recent revelations about his brother combined with the stressful happenings of late had thoroughly changed the young Uchiha.

"My eyes feel good, thank you" said Sasuke. Naruto's eyebrows rose...this was remarkable. Sasuke was actually thanking people! A sign of hope, mused Naruto. After travelling in silence for quite some time, Sasuke spoke up once more.

"Why is everyone targeting me? Orochimaru, Akatsuki...what is their problem? Is it not enough that I have lost everyone I love? Why can't they just leave me be?" he sighed with tiredness. Naruto's compassion reared at this monologue of Sasuke's, he could understand all too well what the Uchiha felt.

"I am afraid you won't be left alone for quite a while yet, Sasuke. We both have powers that are central to Konoha's survival, as does Itachi. The Hokage, me and Mito, you, Kaa-san and Itachi...we will be in the centre of happenings in the Shinobi world for many years to come. Do not be sad, Sasuke" he said noting the depressed nature of Sasuke's mind.

Depression was possibly the worst thing any Shinobi might experience. Their way of life was already depressing...additional burden may well break a Shinobi. He had to head this off immediately.

"We are alive in a beautiful time. Our way of life is harsh and demands many a sacrifice, but we can change the world completely if we so wish. Learn from your brother, Sasuke. Aspire to be like him...to sacrifice without expecting anything in return. To kill with compassion, to protect your dependants with everything in you. That is a true ninja in my opinion" said Naruto.

Sasuke thought on this for some time, and then smirked. "When did you get so wise, Dobe?"

"When you were busy emoing yourself into oblivion you teme!" replied Naruto without missing a beat. The duo smirked together and continued with renewed vigour. For once Naruto felt not the age of Senju Hashirama, but like a kid his age should be.

I should do this more often...bantering with Sasuke is a good way of centering myself, he thought happily. Tcheh, consorting with Uchiha! Though I must admit, that runt Sasuke's brother is someone I can respectrumbled Kurama.