Chapter 48: Rebirth

Start from the beginning

"Of course we did! Why wouldn't we?" Reki smiled, as I grazed my finger over the scab on the red-head's forehead. "Don't worry, I'm doing better. You shouldn't be worrying about me right now." I nodded, before turning my gaze to Langa.

"Langa, I have something to tell you." Leaning into his ear, I told him what needed to be told. His crystal blue eyes widened before staring at me in shock.

"Curls... you didn't-" Before he could say anymore, I put a finger on his lips to shut him up.

"Don't worry Langa, I have my own reasons to race too. That's just the main one. Besides, I've been practicing none-stop all day. I'm going to do this race, and no one is going to stop me." I smiled, before Cherry and Joe approached my figure. Suddenly, I was lifted by Joe, so I would meet straight contact. "Joe? What are-" Suddenly, a pair of lips met my cheek, making my face erupt into all sorts of colors.

"Give him hell, Victory Curls." Joe encouraged, before Cherry proceeded to do the same thing with my other cheek.

"Do us proud." I hugged each of them, one last time, before making my way to the start line. Adam had already made his appearance, as I made my way up to him. I stood tall, even if my knees felt the most minuscule amount of weakness. He let out a puff of smoke before smiling down on me. His suit was different, considering that his matador one was completely ruined. He wore a wedding suit, all white and tight fitting. A gleaming, pearly mask covered his eyes. In all respect, the outfit itself was pretty similar to his matador one.

"תפוח~ You look as beautiful as ever." He cooed, taking another drag of cigarette before blowing it into the wind. Suddenly, his hands trailed to my waist, before retracting my body against his own, "I just knew you couldn't stay away, my precious תפוח~ Truly the apple of my eye." He cooped his hand on my cheek before I nudged away. "Oh! What's wrong my dear?~"

"We both know that I'm not the apple in your eye, Adam. I am a toy, and nothing more. Langa is your Eve, and I am merely as important to you as Reki is." He grabbed my chin, before twisting me around to look at him.

"Don't ever compare yourself to that-"

"What?! A mediocre joke? A dry desert without a droplet of water in sight? Newsflash, Adam. I am no different than Reki. And just like the Red Rocket... I will hold my own against you." The sound of sirens blared, as we took our stances. I closed my eyes listening to the awful sound. I tuned it out, trying to concentrate. 'Bombshell... Are you ready when I need you?' I questioned, 'You got it babe~ Lead us to victory!' She stated, as I opened my eyes again. A large smirk overlapped my features, before the light turned bright green.

With a lightning break, I set off at super speed. Adam and I were neck and neck; however, he was an inch in front of me. We completely dove into our first turn. I pushed myself upwards as Adam continued to station himself right next to me. I attempted to pass him, however, he started being an asshole about it. Not letting me pass but wanting to maintain our current position. Right before the second turn, Adam pulled ahead in order to perform Love Hug.

'Okay (Y/N) focus. What is the best way out of this?' I looked around to find the road grow thinner. The rain from the day prior did its damage. Getting an idea, a small smirk formed on my features, when a large ramp like rock came into view. Running myself off the road, I ramped myself off the rock, before stomping into the mountain like wall. I managed to gain a lead. My leg throbbed a little, but nothing was broken. 'If Joe was going to use me as inspiration, then I'll use him too.' I thought, continuing on my merry way.

We found ourselves neck-and-neck again. He attached our boards quickly before pulling me along the ride. "Aw~ תפוח~ You escaped my embrace... I don't like that." His grip on my waist only tightened. I remained quiet. "What's wrong dear? Cat got your tongue?~" I started to panic. I tried to escape his embrace, but I couldn't. 'I noticed that when he's truly excited, he'll lift his foot up a little. If you manage to excite him enough to pull away, you'll have a shot of skating another day.' My brother's words flowed through my brain in my panicked state. I didn't want to do this, but it was the only way to get out of his hold. Turning around, I faced the clown-ass bitch. 'You can do this.' I thought, before quickly nearing my lips toward his own. I played it by ear, occasionally looking down to see his foot extend upward. A couple centimeters away from the kiss, I pushed him away and went off a cliff. This reminded me of our first beef, except, Adam was close behind me this time around. When we got back on the road, his expression held great amounts of anger and frustration. He stopped his movements, flipping his board upwards.

'Bombshell! Now!!' I yelled mentally, as she took control, she flipped her board upwards as well. Skateboards clashed. Bombshell was clever enough to underhand her swing, so his board would be released from his grip. I flipped over him, grabbing my board, placing it on my back, before grabbing his own and using it to go into the warehouse. Upon entering, cheering could he heard. I did a couple flips and grinds. I jumped on the rail before sliding down. I pressed too hard making the skateboard snap once at the bottom. I stood right before the finish line, looking at it blankly. "I forfeit."

"WHAT?!!" Screams erupted from the crowd as I watched the grown man come into the warehouse in a daze. He walked right up to me, as I held two pieces of his board in my arms.

"You bitch..." He mumbled, obviously seething from anger. I remained neutral. My eyes glanced over to my friends, as a small smirk formed on my features. He pulled me up by my collar, "How dare you mock me! What the hell are you trying to pull?!" I used one of my hands to reach to Victory Curls's skateboard. I handed it to him, "Why?"

"I told you before. I'm not your Eve. I am merely one of your toys. Besides that, I don't deserve it. Granted, you don't either, but I cheated, and, in the process, I broke something important to you. I don't deserve to win, because if I did, your pride and dignity would be crushed by someone exactly like you. You need someone purer as your opponent. And that is where Langa comes it." I was dropped to my feet, as I continued to hold out my skateboard, "Pass over the finish line." I ordered sternly, as he looked around at the other 'S' members. He was pissed off two nights in a row. He grabbed Victory Curls's skateboard, before doing as I told him. Reki was confused why I let him win, but Langa seemed to understand perfectly. "Langa, I'm going to forfeit the race, if I happen to win, of course. Adam won't change for me... but for you, he just might." Was what I told him before the race started. Even though I forfeited the race, the full majority of the 'S' racers started to cheer my name.

"Victory Curls! Victory Curls! Victory Curls! Victory Curls!" The crowd cheered out, the same as they did for Reki. Adam was still in a daze, but I decided to leave him be. There was more important matters to tend to. Langa VS. Adam. Adam and Eve, in a race for the top spot in the garden. The Snake and the Forbidden Fruit forfeited, and now it was the two first peoples. Somewhat lonesome in their thinking.

I took Ainosuke's board home that night, feeling reminiscent about it. The moment I got home; I was met with a large hug. From no one else, but my brother. "You're an idiot and your grounded forever!" He cried out, running his hand through my hair.

"JoJo... I think I finally did it..." He asked, what I did, "I think... I've finally overcame everything. My vanity. My faulty pride. And best of all... my fear." Slightly letting go of the hug, my brother gazed at me with amazement, "Whatever is to come, I'm ready for it." He embraced me once more, as I held him close. But none of this was over yet. "Brother? There is something I want you to help me fix..."

"Hm?"