Chapter 1: A Common Month (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Soon after, I watched as a beautiful black-haired girl sat next to my brother. My brother wanted to engage in small talk with the black-haired girl, but soon after he failed in his goal.

Following his example, I wanted to strike up a conversation with my neighbor.

I turned to my right and looked at my neighbor, who had also arrived at a slow pace. Her gaze remained lowered throughout, so I reconsidered talking to her.

The girl had a calm face and had glasses almost the same color as her hair, pink.

I hesitated a bit to speak to her, but I spoke to her in the end.

"Hi, I'm Ayanokouji Kaede, nice to meet you."

I greeted my neighbor with a smile.

The girl was startled to hear me and turned to look at me nervously. It was the first time I had seen that reaction, so I was curious about her.

"Ah... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you so suddenly."

I apologized.

"Don't apologize. I'm sorry for my reaction."

Adjusting her hands quickly, she apologized with a pink tinge on her cheeks.

"Eto... I'm Sakura Airi...".

Saying her name, her head slowly lowers, causing her pink bangs to cover her blue eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Sakura-san. So... Sakura-san, why did you choose this school?"

At my question, she turned around again to look at me in surprise, something I didn't understand why she was surprised.

"For nothing special... Just... My family recommended me to get into this school."

Slowly her tone changed as she spoke. He was gaining confidence to speak better, although to do so he had to lower the volume of his voice so he could speak without stuttering.

"Why are you asking me?"

Her tone was still very low, but it was more than enough to hear her.

"I just want to meet my classmates, that's all. Let's just get along, okay?"

I held out my hand for her to shake her hand with mine.

She looked shyly at my hand. She was trembling as she brought her hand closer.

Before she could take my hand, the classroom door opened, from there, a woman in a suit walked towards the desk, leaving the papers she was carrying on the desk.

 "Ahem, good morning students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I am in charge of class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't change classes every year, so for the next three years, I hope to meet all of you. Although the entrance ceremony will be in the gymnasium in an hour, I will distribute the list of special rules and the enrollment guide."

From in front, they passed out the papers.

I saw some of the information. As expected, this school has everything you need to be able to live quietly for three years.

"Now I am going to hand out the student ID cards. With this card, they can buy anything at any of the stores and facilities on campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful how many points you use. There is nothing you can't buy on campus. If there is something on campus, you can buy it. The student cards are used by sliding them into the machines. Using the machines is really easy, so you won't have any problems with them. The points will be credited automatically on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any further explanation is unnecessary.