It wasn't the best memory to think of right now, George thought to himself as he sped towards the cemetery. He was dizzy, and thinking about losing his brother again made him even dizzier. His mind was racing and flipping and banging against his skill, but his eyes were controlled. A little panicked, yes, but controlled. Subconsciously looking for the one person he was trained to look for in every crowd. The one person who used to be Fred, but was now the girl who had shoved her way into his world and forcibly decided to stay there.

He reached the gates of the cemetery and pushed past the crowds of people who were still grieving the war from 10 years prior. And, there she was, already making her way over to him.

"Clover," he couldn't choke out any other words, but she didn't need him to.

Grabbing his hand, she pulled him over to the tree just outside the gates where she took him in her arms and breathed with him. Soft and slow and steady, he came back to her like he always did.

Once his panic attack had resided, she placed her hands on his cheeks and teased, "Panicking about marrying me already?"

"Never, I love you too much," he kissed her soundly, grateful for the topic change.

"Yeah, yeah...I guess I love you, too," She teased, before asking him a question that both of them knew had a deeper meaning, "Are you ready?"

The two had been engaged for 5 years now, Clover popping the question to George immediately after Babs and Lee had a small ceremony of their own. But, neither of them were ready for the grief that would come along with taking that next step in their lives without some of the people that meant most to them. It was a hard thing, trying to get married while still in the process of healing. But 5 years later, here they were. Still crazily in love, still fiercely standing by each other's sides. A mere hour away from walking down that aisle.

With a smirk, he wrapped his arms around her body and apostates them straight to George's room in The Burrow, where they were meant to be getting ready for their wedding.

"Oi, give a girl some warning before you do that, arse."

"That's not what you were saying last night when you were begging to have me as close as possible," he teased low in her ear, hand drifting down the small of her back, "Have you forgotten already, or must I remind you?"

She glared at him through her reddening cheeks, and was about to respond when a knock came, "Weasley, if you're in here while she's supposed to be getting dressed I'll get Charlie and have him help her put on her-,"

"Don't even finish that sentence," George tugged the door opened and hurriedly stepped out, Babs smirking at the taller boy with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I heard my name," another voice came from around the corner, poking his head in the doorway to see Clover.

"My wife!" Charlie began walking over to her with arms opened wide, before George snatched his brother's arm and grumbled while pulling him down the hallway, "She's my wife."

"I had her first."

"Well, I had her best."

"I beg to differ-,"

Babs had shut the door behind her as the Weasley boys' voices faded. With a laugh, the two slipped Clover into the simple white dress, walking over to straighten it out in front of the mirror. Babs appeared behind her, placing one arm around her waist as the two stared into the mirror.

His ringed hand intertwined with hers, and neither of them could help the smiles on their face as Babs whispered, "Look at us, who would've thought?"

Clover leaned into his touch, and they stayed there a moment before another knock pulled them out of their reverie.

"Clover, everyone's ready. Can I come in?" the voice had called out, and Babs excitedly placed a kiss on her cheek before leaving the room.

When she walked out into the hallway to find the person who had called out to her, she found him leaning against the wall. He looked over at her for a moment without saying a word, a sad smile lingering on his face.

"Alright, Rory?"

He nodded, seemingly shaking the thoughts from his head, "Just thinking of an old friend. She was the last person I saw in a wedding dress, brought up some memories."

"Is that where the ridiculous suit you're letting Charlie borrow is from?" She nudged him playfully with her elbow.

"Yeah, it caused quite the scene back then," he laughed fondly, eyes glazing over with the memories of a different time, "But at least I looked good as the flower girl, better than Charlie, but don't tell him that."

The both of them laughed at his joke before he reached down to squeeze her hand, "You ready to get married? It's about time after seeing you two pine after each other in my pub for so long."

"Shove off," she knocked into him with a smile on her face, but squeezed his hand back anyways, "Thanks for doing this."

"Thanks for letting me."

"Thanks for always looking out for me."

"Don't get all sentimental on me, now. I won't be able to walk you down the aisle if I'm blinded by my own tears."

"You know, I beg to differ seeing that's exactly what happened when you walked Babs down the aisle."

"Shut it and walk, Weasley."

Clover smiled at her new last name, the one she would wear proudly, and began to follow Rory out into the backyard. The instinct she stepped outside, she knew everything was worth it: the pain, the tears, the grief, the emotions. Because no matter where it took her, she ended up right here. Walking down the aisle to the person she loved. Walking home to George. And the smile that slipped onto both of their faces explained the rest.

—————————————————————————
AUTHORS NOTE:

AHhh here it is everyone, this is how it ends!!! Im sobbing at their growth and happiness. This is all I could ever ask for.

If it counts for anything, Im really proud of how this story turned out and I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it. I know it's been a bit of a bumpy ride with me lately so thank you to everyone who stuck out and rode out the bumps patiently with me!!!

Side Note:

You are all the best, your support has and continues to mean the WORLD to me!!! Writing has always been a therapeutic outlet for me, so thank you all for giving that little bit of sanity to me. Thank you for coming into my world and respectfully reading it and encouraging me along the way. I'm so so so grateful for everything you have all given me, you're like my little family:) For those of you interested in continuing to follow my stories and writing, keep checking my account for updates...I have some things to tell you all!!! But anyways, this is it. As always, I love you all to the stars and beyond. And even if you're just here for one story and nothing more, I'm glad you allowed me to love you briefly. See you on the next one xoxox

Emily