Chapter 2

It was 5:02 am as Clover wiped down her first table for the day, seeing as her shift at The Leaky Cauldron had just started. It was the time that no one else wanted since it was so early, but Clover never minded it. Her nightmares never let her sleep later than that time anyways, and she actually preferred it so she would have something to do when she woke up. It was an easy shift too, the only people she ever had to deal with being the rowdy crowd that drank from dusk to dawn.

"Oi," a slurred voice interrupted her thoughts as she was currently bent over a table and wiping it down.

Clover internally winced as she turned around and faced three burly men with glasses of firewhiskey spilling over in their hands, staring at her intently.

"Can I help you?" She asked annoyed, suddenly crossing her arms over her chest while noticing that one of them was looking directly at it.

"I would love for you to help me," the man standing closest to her devilishly smirked at her as his eyes trailed up and down her body, "Mind giving us a twirl?"

"Sod off, fuckers," she snapped out, rolling her eyes and turning away from the three. She couldn't care less about whether it was appropriate or not for her to talk like that to a customer, not when they acted like that.

"Now, now, that's no way to treat a customer," the closest man spoke again, this time placing his hands on her hips and continuing, "So bend over that table and clean like your supposed to. Give us a show, eh?"

As soon as he laid a hand on her, Clover's blood began to boil. She may have looked and seemed sweet, but she was one girl you never wanted to cross. Not when she's been having to fend for herself her entire life. Nobody touches her like that. Disgusting pervs...

"I'll give you a fucking show," she angrily grumbled under her breath as she swung her elbow into his stomach, turning around and pouring his drink over his head.

She grabbed her wand from her pocket and held it up to his throat, narrowing her eyes fiercely at him, "Leave. Before I show you what I can really do."

The man scowled at her while saying something about getting her fired, before walking out of the pub with his friends behind him. She triumphantly stood there with a smirk on her face as she watched the door shut, only interrupted when her coworker sighed from behind her.

"Tom isn't going to like that," Miriam, the older woman she unfortunately had to serve the early shift with, shook her head from behind the counter.

"Oh, go cry about it, will you?" Clover sternly said back to the woman she was never fond of, "He came onto me."

"Just like the last two times, right?" Miriam said in a snarky tone before walking away from the younger girl. Clover simply rolled her eyes, not knowing that later on she would find out that Miriam was right. Tom, in fact, did not like that yet another customer was driven off by Clover. And, that's how she ended up begging to keep her job.

It was around 9 at night when Clover decided to head back to The Leaky Cauldron to shower before she found a nice bench to sleep on, seeing as her shift ended much earlier in the day. But as soon as she stepped through the door, Tom was waiting for her.

"Another complaint, Clover. This is the 5th one this week!" Tom softly exclaimed, feeling bad for what he needed to do, "I can't keep losing customers over this, no matter how much I hate having to let you go. I'm getting older, I'm retiring soon. I need to leave this place in good condition before I hand it off to someone else. And I can't do that if people keep threatening to stop coming because of you."

Clover's head hung low as she stood in front of him in a hallway where no one would listen in on their conversation. She was never one to beg for anything, but she needed this job. She needed the money.