twenty five

Steve gave you an hour to get ready, told you to dress your best and that he'd be back when the hour was over. It confused you but you went along with it anyway. As the hour ticked on, you bean to get more and more excited. It wasn't like you hadn't gone on a date with Steve before, this was just your first date since the divorce. You wanted it to be perfect and feel beautiful.

You had cleaned yourself up and in a robe sooner than later. You were currently filtering through your closet, trying to find the perfect outfit. You weren't happy with any of the choices in your closet. Grumbling to yourself, you almost missed the knock on your bedroom door and it creaking open.

"Need any help?" Natasha wondered, smirking as she leaned against the door frame.

"Yes," you breathed out as you turned to face her. "I absolutely hate everything in my closet and I just want to feel good tonight."

"I get it and came prepared." She bent down and grabbed a bag that was hidden in the hallway. She walked further into your room with it, offering it to you. "Come on, open it."

You carefully took the back and noticed a small, folded up paper in side. You took it out and opened it.

I saw this and thought of you. I asked Romanoff to keep it save until I thought it was time. Why I start off completely fresh, right? I hope you like it and I can't wait to see you. - Steve

"He's such a sap," Natasha commented, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah..." A lovesick smile forming on your lips. "But he's my sap."

"Have fun tonight, okay? But not too much fun." She winked.

"Thanks Nat."

~~~

Steve pulled back up to your house with a fresh suit on. He hopped out of the car and headed towards the door. Even though he had a key and knew that he could just walk in, Steve still wanted to make sure he did this right. He pressed the door bell and rocked back and forth on his heels as he waited for you to come to the door. When you finally did, the sight of you took his breath away. There you were, in the dress he had bought for you, looking more beautiful than he had ever seen you before.

"Hi," you spoke up, almost nervously.

"Hi," he repeated, still processing your beauty. "You look... you look beautiful."

"Thank you. I had some help choosing the outfit."

"I'm glad you decided to wear it."

"Me too."

"Are you ready?"

"Always."

Steve held out his hand and guided you to his car. He led you around it, opened the passenger door, and helped you inside. You watched as he jogged back around the car and placed himself in the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

He looked over at you. "You trust me?"

"Of course."

"Then you'll have to wait and see."

~~~

You two drove the familiar way to Steve's trailer. You gasped slightly at the sight. White lights hung all around the trailer and from poles placed in front of it. There was a small round table with tall, burning candles in the center and silver round covers over plates.

"Steve..." You breathed out. "It's beautiful."

"Thank you," Steve responded as he parked. He stopped the car and jogged around to open the door. "Darling." He held his hand out to you. You smiled as you set one of your hands in his and let him pull you out. He led you towards the table. "Don't worry, I paid Scott and Clint to track us and set the food and candles up when he got close."

"Really?" You giggled.

Steve looked around. "I'm actually surprised they left before they got here."

"Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if we find them lurking in the bushes."

"I hope not." Steve pulled out a chair for you. "Especially if tonight goes well," he muttered as you sat down.

You smirked as he walked around and sat down himself. You both uncovered your food to reveal a meal from your favorite restaurant.

"Steve. How did you get this food?" You asked. "They don't do take out."

"I may have saved the owners daughter from a brain bleed a few months ago," Steve replied with a shrug. "Said I could get food whenever and however I want."

"Wow. I guess those are the perks of being the best."

Steve laughed, blushing slightly. "And I guess you get to partake in everyone of them."

"Yeah... I guess I do."

~~~

Dinner was fantastic. The two of you sat out there and talked for hours before following it with a heated make out session that led to you and Steve having sex for the first time in what seemed like forever. You woke up first, fingers lightly drawing lines on Steve's bare chest as you stared at him.

"I love you," you whispered. "So much."

"I love you too," Steve responded, opening his eyes to reveal that he was awake.

You leaned in and kissed him long and soft. "Move in with me." Steve's eyebrows raised. "Not that I don't like the trailer or I want you to get rid of it, but I want you close. I want you things in my closest and your mess mixed with mine all around the house. We can kick my roommates out or not, whatever. I just want to walk up and fall asleep with you by my side every day."

"Y/N..." He ran his fingers down your face before pulling you into another kiss. "Of course I'll live with you. But only until our house is built."

"House?" You sat up a little.

"Yes. I bought this land to build a house on. I want to built that house with you, design it all with you, no matter how long it takes. What do you think?"

"I think... I think I'd like that very much." You pecked his lips. "But, we don't have to get started on it now, right? We can take our time?"

"Like I said, however long it takes. I just want the house to be ours."

"Ours. I like the sound of that."

Steve looked at you with so much love and adoration in his blue eyes. "I love you. And as long as you're by my side, we can do anything."

You leaned down and kissed him again. "I think so too."

~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know that many of you problem wanted a bit more or a different ending, but this is the end. I am sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for reading the series and putting up with me and how long it took me. I am really grateful for all the support.