She had a point. But I didn't know anything either. Being rude wasn't going to get her anywhere.

"Sorry," she said. "Mom has never done this before.

"I haven't heard anything," I said truthfully. "I heard of the attack but that's about it. Violet didn't tell me anything and neither did Alexander. Maybe the officials are being kept for observation?"

"So keeping them hostage. How does that work?"

"Not my idea," I reminded her. "I'm sure, Violet will release a press statement."

"Thanks for the help, I guess." Lisa didn't stick around, she ended the call.

Not going to lie, I felt like a punching bag. Rubbing my face, I went down stairs for a snack. Even if I wanted to do something, I didn't have the authority to release anyone or order anyone around.

Mom was in the living room finishing up a scarf, beanie, and mitten set.

"Hey sweetheart. There are brownies in the kitchen if you're hungry."

"Thanks."

I grabbed two brownies and sat on the couch.

"Who're you making that for?" I nodded to the yam work.

"Well, Christmas is almost around the corner. I got a few orders from work."

I frowned. "Do I need to get a job after my internship?"

"No, no," she said. "I'm putting this money away for later."

"Later? What for?"

She blushed. "Marriage."

"You and dad are renewing your vows? When? I thought you had more years left."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Not for us. Yours."

Oh. My face burned.

"He hasn't proposed," I stammered out. "He gave me a ring as a promise. I feel like everyone ignores that part."

Mom gave me a look. "Rin, you got proposed to whether he said the words or not. Plus it's easier to refer to someone as a fiance."

I looked away. It did have a nice ring to it. I helped with the bidding ceremony and our announcement ceremony was right around the corner. Maybe I could start helping more.

"You think I'm ready?" I asked her.

Mom smiled, understanding. "No one is ready for that," she replied "You have to learn, and there's nothing wrong with that."

The Vampire Prince graduates High School (Book 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara