»»----> ¡Chapter 2! <----««

❛❛ when we're old and have toleave the earth, i'll stillremember all i've learnedfrom you ! ❜❜

leave the earth, i'll still
remember all i've learned
from you ! ❜❜

i know you,
faye webster.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

IT HAD BEEN ABOUT a month since i first arrived in yunmeng, and i had a blast. all the things jiang cheng had said wei wuxian did for fun were indeed fun for me too. jiang yanli, their older sister, even lets me call her shijie! i wished that er-ge could experience it with me, but da-ge would surely nag him about 'wasting his time'.

i was sitting peacefully on a pier close to the clan grounds with xiao-ge as we kicked our bare feet around in the water. we were talking about random things when a delicate voice called out to us. "a-yan, a-ru, it's time for dinner," we looked to the source of the voice to see none other than our shijie.

"coming!" we both yelled in unison as we scurried to our feet, not even bothering to put on our shoes. we knew that madam yu would let us get away with it anyways. in our short time at lotus pier, we came to learn that madam yu had actually met us a few times when we were very young. she loved us as if we were her own children, and it was actually quite unnerving.

"a-xiao, a-song, how many times do i have to tell you to wear your shoes when you come to dinner?" madam yu sighed while shaking her head. "we're sorry madam!" i replied through a fit of giggles. "no matter, come eat," she simply said with a small smile. we then sat at the table and began to eat.

after a few minutes, jiang cheng and wei wuxian had showed up. there was always a thick tension whenever we were all in the same room for obvious reasons. "a-cheng, a-xian," jiang fengmian called out to the pair as they bowed in response. "wei wuxian, where are your shoes damn it? how many times must i tell you to wear your shoes when you come to dinner?" madam yu hissed, her voice has changed drastically from when she had told xiao-ge and i the same thing.

"but jin xiao and nie yusong don't wear theirs..." wei wuxian murmured while averting his gaze from her. "this isn't about them right now! this is about you! unlike you, they know how to be obedient!" she screeched. i had to restrain myself from covering my ears. "my lady..." jiang fengmian muttered. "don't "my lady" me! you know it's true! you baby him too much! him fooling around in yunmeng is one thing, but he dares to embarrass us in gusu?!" her voice echoed throughout the room.

by now, xiao-ge and i were sweating buckets in immense discomfort. we hated how she compared us to her own children. "they're better than that fool and even our son in every way possible! they're well-discplined, intelligent, strong, well behaved and obedient!" my face paled at the statement. better than her own son????