»»----> ¡Prologue! <----««

❛❛ i wonder how i managedto end up in this place,where i couldn't get awaywe're on the borderline (ooh)caught between the tides ofpain and rapture ! ❜❜

to end up in this place,
where i couldn't get away
we're on the borderline (ooh)
caught between the tides of
pain and rapture ! ❜❜

borderline,
tame impala.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I WAS JUST LYING in my bed on my side of the room, wondering what to do next. summer was quickly approaching, therefore i barely had any homework or assignments, and i had no upcoming exams to study for. i only had two other friends besides dawn, and they had made it clear that they had better things to do than to hang out with me. youtube, games, anime and manga, couldn't save me either. they had all become a bore and they lacked interest in my eyes.

i sigh in exasperation as i watched the clock tick. it moved at knot and as slowly as humanly possible. i was brought out of my thoughts when [f/s] rang loudly in my ears. i picked up the vibrating and blaring object off of my chest to see a contact titled "Dawn". i perked up a bit, i sat up and answered the phone.

"hello?" i croaked into the phone. "hey [y/n]! i have a show recommendation for you!" they exclaimed enthusiastically. "what's it called?" i inquired in exasperation and slight annoyance. despite my annoyance at their joyful tone, i was relieved since my excruciating boredom would finally dissipate.

"it's called 'mo dao zu shi'! i fell in love with it instantly! i won't spoil anything for you, but you should definitely watch it!!" i moved the phone away from my ear a bit as their voice grew even louder. judging by their enthusiasm so far, their love for this show was evident.

"'mo dao zu shi'...?" I repeated to no one in particular. I paused for a bit, "i've heard of it, but personally... i think it's kinda overrated." i responded nonchalantly. i then heard dawn gasp dramatically over the phone. "HOW DARE YOU?! YOU BETTER WATCH IT REGARDLESS. WHEN YOU DO YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S SO HYPED UP!!!" i moved the phone even farther away from my ear; wincing as the tone of their voice grew even louder than before.

"alright alright, fine. i'll watch it but only to cure my boredom." i hissed while rolling my eyes. "wonderful!~ when you're done, let me know and tell me what you think of it. 'kay bye! love you!" without even giving me the chance to respond, they hung up. i sighed once more, dragging my weight to my laptop which sat on the kitchen counter.

i picked it up, dragging my feet back to my room, and grabbing my earphones on the way. i carefully placed the laptop on my bed and plopped my weight onto the mattress in front of the laptop. i plugged my earphones into the earphone jack while searching up 'mo dao zu shi'. there it was, i had found the first episode. i swore it sparkled at me, but alas, i began watching.