Epilogue: Iñigo's POV

Começar do início

I fight back my tears. Don't leave me in the dark Natasha, after you bring shine to my life... you're going to leave me. Did you love me enough? Bakit parang ang bilis lang para sayo ang lahat ng ito?

"Let's break, Let's go back from the start–bumalik tayo sa panahon na hindi natin kilala ang isa't-isa at hindi pa natin mahal ang isa't-isa. Mas madaling gawin 'yun." I smiled weakly. I know you're mad because I didn't text you. Please don't leave me.

"B-Babalik tayo s-sa umpisa? G-Gusto mo bang l-ligawan kita? Don't leave me." This time I cried. I can't hold back my tears. It hurts so much. I never cried like this before. I kneel in front of her. I plead with her, I can kneel all day...just don't leave me. She came quickly to me and forced me to stand up pakiusap ko sa

"T-Tumayo ka Iñigo..." she whispered. I won't Natasha, must tell me your fucking reason! Why do you have to hurt—leave me like this! I need answers... "Tumayo ka diyan! Ano bang ginagawa mo sa sarili mo!?"

The next thing I knew mom came. She slapped Natasha, she hurt my girl. Nagsisigawan silang dalawa. And that was the last day we saw each other. She resigned. I don't know where to find her. I talked to the wedding coordinator na hindi muna ituloy ang plano. I know it's sayang...My plan when I come back is to propose to her. I know she's living the best of her life, I am too but I'm just living. This is not the best of my life. I felt worthless because I did nothing to stop her from leaving. I know it's been 5 years but my heart kept finding its owner. She owned me. I want to laugh to myself because she hurt me big time yet I'm still into her.

Jared sat down on my sofa, leaning his back on it. "Nasa Isabela raw si Natasha, based on her bestfriend. Siya na ang nagha-handle ng business nila doon and she's good at it. Wala na yata siyang balak na bumalik dito. What's your plan bro?"

I clicked my tongue. "I don't know. I don't know if I can face her again. I badly want to see her again." He rolled his eyes. "Are you gay?" There's nothing wrong about his girly gestures. I'm just asking him.

"Ako? Ha! I have a girlfriend bro.." He said, emphasizing the s part. "I'm loyal to my honeybunchsugarplumlecheflan." I just laugh at him.

"Why don't you ask her to be your...secretary?" Wala sa sarili kong tanong sa kanya,

he raised his brows. "Natasha?" I nodded.

"Ask her to be your secretary, Jared." I said in a serious tone.

"Paano yung secretary ko?"

"One week lang. One week is enough to get her back to me. After that everything will be settled again."

And my plan was successful. She came back here to Manila. When we met again, she became slimmer, her face didn't change and she looked mature. When she saw me with Clarice I knew that she's fuming mad. Don't fool me Miss Natasha. I know you well, really really well. I bought her an apartment next to mine. It was meters away from me. And that's okay, kaysa naman sa ilang dagat at kalsada ang layo namin sa isa't-isa.

We talked several times, I even saw her with her ex. I thought everything would be back again but I was wrong. We were talking but she's avoiding me. She said sorry to me on Honey's birthday, she left, I followed her. She's with someone so I get back to the party. After that day I saw her again with that man. They're eating on the rooftop, and she looks happy with him. I accompanied her back to her apartment because she was drunk.

When she said that she didn't want me again in her life...I didn't push myself on her again. I pity myself. I avoid her–like how she avoided me, I didn't give her even a single glance. This is what she wants but that's not mean I don't love her. My love for her is overflowing. I send her different flowers everyday. I bought her food. She doesn't know that I'm the one who's sending gifts to her. That's my way to say sorry even though I did nothing to her. When we finally could talk about what happened, something crashed inside my heart.

"Ma–where's mom?" I almost shouted. "I said where's my mom!"

"N-Nasa k-kwarto niya po sir." Ang guard namin ay halos manginig na sa takot dahil sa aking pagsigaw.

Iniwan ko siya doon at pumunta sa kwarto ni mommy. My feet are heavy as I head to mommy's room. I want to ask her if Natasha's telling the truth! I knocked at her door.

"Come in, nakabukas yan."

"Ma...w-what did you do?" She looked at me. She raised her brows then folded her arms.

"What are you talking about iho? Bigla-bigla ka na lamang pumapasok sa kwarto ko at nagsisisigaw ka." She said in her calm voice, I played my tongue inside my cheeks.

"About Natasha. You know how much I love her right? You know that, Malaki na 'ko ma! You don't have to decide who I should love! I'm not a puppet mom...even Clarice doesn't agree with that fucking wedding! We both don't want it! Why don't you just let me love the person I love?" I was breathing fast. I can't hold back my anger.

"Because she might ruin you! You don't know how much I don't like that girl for you Iñigo, mahirap lang sila! Sa tingin mo matutulungan ka niya sa pag-angat? Hihilahin ka niya pababa dahil diyan sa lintek na pagmamahal mo sa babaeng 'yan."

I shook my head. "She's not that kind of person, ma! Hindi siya ganyan."

"Look at you son, you're being so unreasonable, nagagalit ka sa sarili mong nanay. Masisira ang kompanyang pinaghirapan ng lolo mo! That's why I tell her to leave you alone." Tears rolled down to her cheeks. Hindi ko na hinintay ang susunod niyang sasabihin. I walked out.

After a week I booked a flight to Isabela. I want to see her again, I want her to be with me. I'll do everything. When I arrived I went straight to their house. I saw her dad holding a chicken. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Iho! Ngayon na ba ang plano? Wala siya ngayon, nasa mall. Naglakad-lakad." I thought he's mad at me after what my mother did to her daughter. I told him last time that I'm going to propose to Natasha. I don't want to waste time. I just wished that she'd give me her yes.

Maybe she heard my thoughts. The wedding coordinator said that the bridal car had arrived. My heart was beating fast, Jared was tapping my shoulders to calm me. As the door opened tears formed in my eyes.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me, and steal my breath

And emeralds from mountains, the thrust towards the sky

Never revealing their depth."

Doreen started to sing. He volunteered to sing at my wedding. Natasha slowly walked. Seeing her with her wedding gown and walking in the aisle makes me shiver. Her dad and mom were beside her. I used to just dream about this scene. Who would have thought that she was in front of me at the altar today.

"And I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love's suicide

And I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

When she finally reached me, my mom showed up on my side. She hugged Natasha. They were whispering to each other. Natasha faced me, even there's a veil on her face I can see her smiles. She hugged me. I wiped my tears, I hope she likes a man that cries.

"Thank you..." she mouthed.

"Just a few moments, I can finally call you mine. Mrs. Enrile..." I smiled genuinely.

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Enrile."

Wakas!!