Chapter seven - shame

Start from the beginning

I fall to the ground. My vision is blurry. I can see the cold dead stare of my alter ego. I try standing up, but she starts slashing me with her knife a bunch of times leaving deep cuts. how am I supposed to defeat her if she keeps on doing this? I take the knife out of her hand doing the same exact slashes she did to me before. Though the cuts look painful her cold expression remains. 

I gather myself and take a deep breath. I remember the words of KEL. "Friends... Friends are supposed to be there for each other." Right after that she snatches the knife and plunges right it the heart. I am feeling more and more stressed as my muscles begin to cramp up. I strike her three times with just a couple of slaps. She stumbles to the ground almost releasing the knife.

The area becomes more distorted. The atmosphere becomes colder and colder. I can see a slight red tint to her. I punch her in the face three times. This time she really did let go of the knife. I take the knife. I cannot miss this chance to kill her. As soon as I aim the knife at her head she tightly grips onto my hand. "You've caused so much suffering. Yet you do nothing. And you've earned nothing in return. Your friends will never forgive you. They will abandon you like you did to them." I suddenly feel the touch of many arms gripping onto my body as if they would tare me apart. 

I steady myself and remember AUBREYS  wish. "I hope you can find some piece.... or you know.... some happiness..." I suddenly feel the same sharp pain of a thousand hands tearing me apart. I fall to the ground feeling the same sensation of the stress. Out of anger I grab her knife and strike her three times. It seems to have damaged her quite enough however she still remains with that straight face.

As I open my eyes once  more I can see that the area has completely changed. I am no longer in white space. I stand up and see a pair of giant hands beholding the girl. I can tell that she has full control over this place. I steady myself. Taking a deep breath I remember HERO's promise. "last time... We made a mistake of leaving each other when we needed each other the most. This time... We'll stay together." The girl once again speaks up grabbing me by my collar. "You tell yourself that you don't want to be a burden to others. But the truth is that you are selfish. You just don't want people to depend on you."

I feel the weight of a bunch of hands crushing me. Though the hands dissolve I still feel the pain of them ripping me. I feel a sharp pain in my neck. It seems as though she made a deep hatchet there. I snatch her knife away and strike her three times until finally plunging the knife in her head. Plenty of blood spills, but her neutral expression remains. "When do you think about others? How long are you gonna let people take care of you? You say that you care, but you are a liar. You never care for anything nor anyone else. You are useless... Less than useless..."

 I steady myself. I can feel my heartbeat slowing down. I can feel myself healing slowly from all that pain and from the injuries. I can feel the wight of many hands crushing me. I can no longer defend myself. "People like you don't deserve to live." She slashes me in the arm once. I strike her back with a slap. She plunges the knife in my heart. I stumble to the ground.

I feel like these will be my last moments. I snatch the knife away from her and slash her once again. Her cold dead face remains. 

Suddenly the atmosphere gets darker. I can see a slight distorted figure of SUNNY's face. I steady my breathing. I remember BASIL's hope. "Maybe one day... Things can go back to the way they were before." She punches me as I lose my thoughts. "Your friends are wrong about you. The person they love isn't you at all. You let them believe in a lie to protect yourself." Her words rush through me like a knife. I feel a heavy shadow cast over me. It feels like a never ending suffering just in a couple of seconds. I fall to the ground. 

I try striking her, but there is not a single mark left on her. "You are nothing, but a liar... and when they see the truth. They'll hate you as much as you hate yourself." She stabs me in the heart. I can feel the burning sensation of the pain rushing through my body. A single slash is able to make me feel unstable already. I cannot find the time to steady myself.

A heavy red shadow casts over me. I cannot move any longer. I feel as though I have died. I lye on the ground as blood keeps pouring rom my wounds. I suddenly feel a strength in my body. I can feel something encouraging me to continue. Opening my eyes I see a piano. The same one I have at home. Standing up I look her straight in the eye. "I'm not gonna let you come at me. Not anymore. You don't... Scare me!"

--------------------------

After playing the song I feel a sensation of strength and slight happiness. I turn back to my alter ego. Her straight face remains whilst mine does too. She extends one of her arms and pulls me closer to her as I lean in for a hug. I can feel her cold body touch mine. She lets go of her knife as as I was about to cancel the hug she dissolves away. I can feel my mind clearing up as my vision gets better.

I soon start to pass out.